A small number of students currently at Stony Brook University may be accepted for transfer into the Honors College upon completion of their first year at Stony Brook.
Transfer Admissions criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in Stony Brook University courses for the current semester at the time of application. Students will not be accepted into the Honors College directly from another institution.
- Students will not be accepted to transfer into the Honors College after the start of their junior year (by tenure, not credit standing).
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher in a rigorous and well-rounded academic program.
- Established vigor and leadership in extracurricular involvement.
how to apply:
Submit all application materials to the Honors College by May 1st
- Complete an Honors College Transfer Application
- Includes information about extracurricular involvement and two essay questions
- Have two Instructor Evaluation Forms submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be uploaded as a single PDF here.
*Students apply in the Spring for matriculation the following Fall semester. Transfer applications are reviewed annually in the Spring only. Students will be notified of their decision by June 30.