- 16OctCaribbean Student Organization Homecoming Alumni PanelJoin us during Wolfstock week to meet and network with CSO alumni ...
- 18OctFire & Safety ExpoJoin us on the SAC Plaza for safety vendors, demonstrations and GIVEAWAYS!!...
- 18OctHomecoming Harvest Celebrate the start of autumn at the annual Homecoming Harvest and Fire & Safety Expo!...
- 19OctHome-SWEET-HomecomingKick-off the Homecoming Festivities with a Sweet Treat ...
- 19OctHomecoming Court Royalty Competition Come and see and vote for your Homecoming Royalty Court...
Homecoming Student Tailgate Information:
Student tailgate parking for Homecoming 2022 will be open from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm and will be located in the Gymnasium Road parking lot. No registration is needed. Parking spots are first come, first served.
A valid Stony Brook student ID is required to gain access.
The Homecoming football game between the Stony Brook Seawolves and Richmond Spiders kicks-off at 3:30 pm in Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium. Students may enter through Gate 1.
For additional information please contact the Office of Student Life at 631-632-9912.
Enforcement of the following Tailgating Policy is within the jurisdiction of the Stony Brook University Police Department, the Office of Student Life, Stony Brook University Athletics, the Office of University Community Standards, and the Office of Administration. Any individual found to be in violation of this Policy may be subject to immediate termination of tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution and/or disciplinary action.
- 1. Individuals are responsible for compliance with all federal, state, local and University laws, regulations and policies.
- 2. The University is not responsible or liable for loss or theft of materials, items or personal property brought into tailgating locations.
- 3. Consistent with the University Alcohol Policy, alcohol is permitted to be consumed in the tailgating area by individuals who are 21 or older, consistent with New York State law. All alcohol laws shall be strictly enforced. Open container laws shall be strictly enforced outside of the tailgating area.
- 4. The University encourages tailgaters that consume alcohol to drink responsibly by serving food and nonalcoholic beverages, and by having designated drivers to accommodate guests and hosts alike.
- 5. The University reserves the right to refuse entry into the tailgating area and/or the facility to any person who appears to be intoxicated.
- 6. No overnight occupancy is allowed in tailgating areas.
- 7. Parking spaces are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis and may not be saved.
- 8. Traffic laws and directives that are enforced through University Police and parking personnel must be obeyed at all times. Driving or parking private vehicles on any sidewalks is prohibited.
- 9. Tailgating is permitted directly behind your vehicle and cannot occupy an additional parking space or impede the flow of traffic within the parking lot.
- 10. Tents or canopies (which may not exceed 10’ x 10’) are permitted. They must be secured in grass areas only and may not obstruct fire/safety lanes, sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways. Tailgating amenities including furniture, grills, generators or satellite dishes must also not be an obstruction to fire/safety lanes, sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways. The University reserves the right to request that any equipment be removed if it is deemed to be a safety violation.
- 11. Small gas-fired or charcoal grills are permitted. All other open flames are prohibited.
- 12. Amplified sound systems/DJ’s are not permitted in the lot.
- 13. The unlawful possession, distribution or use of any drug or controlled substance is prohibited on campus, and such laws shall be enforced in tailgating areas.
- 14. All trash must be placed in trash receptacles located in tailgating locations or carried out. The disposal of grease or hazardous materials onto the grounds or into storm drains is strictly prohibited.
- 15. The sale of food and/or beverage, or any other product is prohibited. Commercial activity or solicitations are not allowed on campus.
- 16. All event participants are expected to be respectful to University property and all of the event participants around them.
- 17. The removal of any barricades, barrels or other traffic control devices is strictly prohibited.
- 18. Drunkenness, vandalism, obscene or harassing behavior and violence (or threats of violence) will not be tolerated and should be reported to the nearest law enforcement officer.
- 19. Stony Brook University is a smoke-free campus.