Stony Brook Graduate Student-Postdoc Photo Contest: Deadline Extended to April 12th
STONY BROOK, NY -- T he Stony Brook University Graduate School, along with the School of Professional Development, the Graduate Student Organization (GSO), the Center for Inclusive Education (CIE), the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, and the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR), is pleased to announce the second annual Graduate Student and Postdoc Photo Contest.
At Stony Brook University, we are the curious – the explorers, and the innovators.
For our contest, show us what this looks like in your research and work:
- How are you innovating?
- What inspires your curiosity?
- Where and how are you exploring?
- What have you found?
- How do you conceptualize your research in graphic format?
The contest is open to Stony Brook students currently enrolled in a certificate, master’s or doctoral program as well as Stony Brook-affiliated postdocs.
To the right, MFA student Nicole Hebdon's portrait of Emyle, one of the top entries from the 2016 contest.
All entries will be showcased in an online gallery. The top submissions, as identified by the panel, will be featured in the Office of the Vice President for Research.
- 3 $500 prizes, courtesy of OVPR
- Wolfie Wallet card in the amount of $150
- Participants can submit up to two photos.
- Photos should be approximately 1920 pixels wide, or the highest resolution available.
- Photos must be accompanied by a caption (100 words or less) explaining the photo and the connection to the contest theme.
- Submissions are due no later then 12:00 pm on Thursday, April 12, 2018.
Terms & Conditions:
By submitting photos, participants grant Stony Brook University permission (perpetual and royalty free) to display and reproduce their photos, and to use them in ways that promote the University’s mission. Participants retain ownership and copyrights to the photos
Questions? Contact Nicholas Ciuffo at Nicholas.Ciuffo@stonybrook.edu. Please note "Photo Contest" in the subject line.
The 2016 photo contest winners can be viewed here.