Stony Brook University:
An Innovative Resource for New York
- One of only 62 members of America’s leading research universities, the Association of American Universities (AAU) .
- Highly selective admissions standards — received 37,800 applications for only 3,300 spots for fall 2018, with an average SAT score of 1320.
- Largest producer of bachelor's degrees in engineering and computer science in New York State.
- One of only 10 global UN Women HeForShe University IMPACT Champions, committed to gender equality in all sectors.
- Part of the management team of Brookhaven National Laboratory , a U.S. Department of Energy multipurpose research facility.
- Home to the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science , which provides innovative training for STEM professionals around the world.
- The first higher education institution in New York to offer a 100 gigabit-per-second connection to the Internet2 Research Network, revolutionizing quality, quantity and speed of digital research.
Generating High-Tech Programs
We're reinventing our curriculum to prepare students for the era of intelligent machines with jointly administered programs that fuse science, technology and engineering with medicine, the arts and humanities, business and social sciences.
- Facilities include two centers focused on advancing intelligent systems and cybersecurity, the Institute for AI-Driven Discovery and Innovation and the National Security Institute .
- Other research areas include computer vision; personalized medicine and healthcare analytics; smart energy; infrastructure development; and transportation demand analysis (last-mile delivery management, smart vehicle and drone routing).
Fostering a Diverse Workforce
Stony Brook University is an inclusive, welcoming community dedicated to enhancing social mobility and creating a positive environment where all our students can thrive.
With our proximity to New York City, Stony Brook University is a natural partner for larger-scoped organizational-level partnerships in emerging and high-demand areas such as:
Contact Judith B. Greiman, Chief Deputy to the President and
Senior Vice President for Government & Community Relations • (631) 632-6538