Summer Research Program - 2018
June - August
Deadline for Application: TBA
Supporting materials (i.e. letters of recommendation and transcripts) must be post-marked by Feb. 17th at the latest.
Requirements for Summer 2018 applicants:
- Must be, at least, 16 years old on, or before July 4, 2018
- Have an average GPA of 3.8 or 95 unweighed
Must have, at least 3 of the following subjects
- English (Honors or AP a plus)
- Chemistry (Honors or AP a plus)
- Mathematics or Calculus (Honors or AP a plus)
- Physics (Honors or AP a plus)
- Biology (optional) (Honors or AP a plus)
- Standardized test scores (SAT or Regents) must be 60% or above.
- Students who show evidence of leadership, special talents or interests, and other personal qualities through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and other non-academic pursuits will receive special consideration.
Along with the application you must send
- Transcript of grades (usually sent by the school)
- Three letters of recommendation, One from your Science Coordinator/Teacher. Please, use the Teacher Recommendation Letter Coversheet. The letter and coversheet must be included with the application in sealed envelopes.
- Non-Refundable $40 Registration fee. Please make check payable to "Stony Brook University"
Laboratory usage fee: $2100
Includes PPE (Personal protective equipment) kit
Housing and meal plan program are available at applicant's expense. Please, refer to Stony
Brook Campus Residence web page.
Campus Residence information
High School Students Application form (coming soon)