Looking Ahead to the Fall Semester: Vendor Safety Reminders
As we continue to face this COVID-19 pandemic we remain steadfast in our dedication to keeping our campus community safe.
Below are some extremely important reminders and actions all vendors must abide by to ensure that we decrease the spread of this communicable disease.
- The virus is still prevalent. People are still infected, whether they are or are not demonstrating symptoms.
- The governor issued an Executive Order on 4/15/20 that requires all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public. Everyone on campus in direct contact with members of the campus community or the general public must wear a face covering and/or mask. This helps prevent the spread of the virus to others.
- Continue active social distancing maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
The best way to prevent illness is to participate in behaviors that help in avoidance of being exposed to this virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue away, and then wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects or surfaces such as remote keyboards and doorknobs.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick. Call your doctor if you develop fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
For more information on how to safely wear and care for face coverings and masks, please view the following pdf document: Care and Use of Face Coverings and Masks for COVID-19