Stop Food Waste Day
March 4, 2019 • 7am to 1am • East Side Dining
Join the USG Sustainability Committee to “Weigh the Waste” and learn how to be more sustainable every day!
Help Stony Brook University be more sustainable!
- Bring your own reusable bottle
- Put on your plate only what you can eat
Did You Know…
- 40% of all food produced in the U.S. is wasted
- Food waste can be composted into sustainable soil or be used to generate electricity
- Nearly 1 billion hungry people Worldwide could be fed on less than 1/4 of the food that is wasted in the US. UK, and Europe