Utility Aide (SBUMC)
Utility Aides perform a variety of cleaning tasks. They maintain clean and sanitary conditions in all food service areas. This includes dish washing, pot washing, general sanitation, cleaning and use of kitchen equipment. May assist in the service and storage of food. On a regular basis, Utility Aides must clean and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds and push objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- The New York State Department of Health (DOH) has issued an order that all hospital personnel be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Ability to read, write and follow basic instructions in English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Clean and maintain sanitary conditions in all Food Service areas. Dishwashing and pot washing.
- General sanitation. Operate and clean assigned equipment per department procedures.
- Transport food carts and other equipment as appropriate, to designated areas following departmental procedures.
- Safely transport garbage, and recyclable material to assigned areas.
- Accurately deliver food and supplies to identified areas and clean as per departmental policy and procedures.
- Maintain assigned departmental areas in a clean, orderly and sanitary manner.
- Complete food temperature control logs as per established protocol.
- Inventory and maintain necessary supplies to ensure efficiency of operation.
- Identify and utilize cleaning chemicals used in the department following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Utilize equipment in performing job functions as per department safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned as appropriate based on rank and departmental mission.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, moving objects, loud noise, slippery services, water, potential electrical hazard, potential burns, may require special clothing/safety equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to blood, body tissue/fluids, and hazardous materials. Rarely exposed to high radiation.
- Temperatures in the food service areas can range from -30° to 95°.
The Faculty Student Association is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply. If you need a disability related accommodation in order to perform any of the duties listed above, please call the FSA Human Resources Department at (631) 444-1473.
Hours: Varies, weekends and holidays are required
Employer: Faculty Student Association (This is not a State position)
Union Status: 1199
Hourly Rate: $19.26
How to Apply
To apply, call or send resume/application to: