Patient Services Supervisor (SBUMC)
The Patient Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day- to- day supervision of the production staff, as well as the patient service operations. Weekend shifts are required.
- The New York State Department of Health (DOH) has issued an order that all hospital personnel be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Essential Skills, Education and Experience
- High School graduate.
- Must have completed the 90/120 hour Dietary Managers course or demonstrated commensurate experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in a leadership role in the kitchen (supervisor or manager), with related clinical and/or healthcare experience.
- Ability to adapt recipes to accommodate for allergies and therapeutic restrictions.
- Oversees cooks to insure adherence to recipes and production sheets.
- Supervising production and food preparation lists.
- Supervisory experience with larger groups of Union employees to include: scheduling, quality control, HACCP, employee training.
- 3-5 years of experience in a either long term or acute care facility
- Computer Literate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible working hours and days
Nonessential Skills, Education and Experience
- AA or BS in Culinary, Nutrition or Food Management
- Knowledge of federal, state and local codes and regulations pertaining to hospital food service
- Knowledge of A la Carte/Room Service food operations
- Ability to work harmoniously with a variety of people
- Ability to manage people
- Must show confidentiality in performance of duties
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Performance improvement experience
- Union experience
Responsibilities (Partial List)
- Opens and closes the department according to proper procedures
- Responsible for work schedules and for conducting meetings with those employees under his/her direct supervision in order to maintain high standards.
- Enforce proper food portioning at all times.
- Coordinate daily meal preparation adhering to quality standards and establish time frames.
- Meets with a.m. and p.m. supervisors to discuss and resolve any issues and change
- Review supervisor logs daily for staffing concerns, equipment/production problems and work assignment sheets
- Maintain department areas in a clean, neat, safe, and sanitary manner
- Enforce departmental sanitation policy and procedures. Ensure sanitation standards, safety and infection control procedures as required by the various regulatory agencies.
- Check and document sanitation and cleanliness of all work areas including pantries in accordance with government standards.
- Enforce timeliness of patient tray services according to departmental policy
- Identify and make recommendations to improve patient meal service operation.
- Ensure proper food handling procedures are being followed as outlined in HAACP
- Notify appropriate departments of malfunctioning equipment immediately upon observance.
- Complete required departmental reports and records within established time frame, including various quality control reports.
The Faculty Student Association is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply. If you need a disability related accommodation in order to perform any of the duties listed above, please call the FSA Human Resources Department at (631) 444-1473.
How to Apply
To apply, call or send resume to:
Stony Brook University Medical Center
Retail and Food Services
Hospital Level 1, Rm 745A
Stony Brook, NY 11794-7012