Dietary Aide (SBUMC)
Dietary Aides perform a variety of patient services that may include patient meal tray assembly, distribution and service, general sanitation, cleaning and use of kitchen equipment and pantries. On a regular basis, Dietary Aides must clean and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds and push objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to read, write and follow basic instructions in English.
The New York State Department of Health (DOH) has issued an order that all hospital personnel be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Assemble and deliver patient meal trays.
- Transport food carts and equipment in a safe manner throughout the hospital as required.
- Operate and clean equipment per departmental procedures.
- Safely transport garbage and recyclable material to assigned areas.
- Accurately portions and serve food for patients quickly, accurately, with minimum of waste and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Accurately inventory and deliver par stock supplies to identified units and clean per departmental procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, local and department and following directions recommended by manufactures and per MSDS sheets.
- Complete food temperature control logs as per established protocol.
- Utilize equipment in performing job functions as per departmental safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, moving objects, loud noise, slippery services, water, potential electrical hazard, potential burns, may require special clothing/safety equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to blood, body tissue/fluids, and hazardous materials. Rarely exposed to high radiation.
- Temperatures in the food service areas can range from -30° to 95°.
The Faculty Student Association is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply. If you need a disability related accommodation in order to perform any of the duties listed above, please call the FSA Human Resources Department at (631) 444-1473.
Hours: Varies, weekends and holidays are required
Employer: Faculty Student Association (This is not a State position.)
Union Status: 1199
How to Apply
To apply, call or send resume/application to: