Dietary Aide (SBUMC)
Dietary Aides perform a variety of patient services that may include patient meal tray assembly, distribution and service, general sanitation, cleaning and use of kitchen equipment and pantries. On a regular basis, Dietary Aides must clean and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds and push objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to read, write and follow basic instructions in English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Assemble and deliver patient meal trays.
- Transport food carts and equipment in a safe manner throughout the hospital as required.
- Operate and clean equipment per departmental procedures.
- Safely transport garbage and recyclable material to assigned areas.
- Accurately portions and serve food for patients quickly, accurately, with minimum of waste and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Accurately inventory and deliver par stock supplies to identified units and clean per departmental procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, local and department and following directions recommended by manufactures and per MSDS sheets.
- Complete food temperature control logs as per established protocol.
- Utilize equipment in performing job functions as per departmental safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, moving objects, loud noise, slippery services, water, potential electrical hazard, potential burns, may require special clothing/safety equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to blood, body tissue/fluids, and hazardous materials. Rarely exposed to high radiation.
- Temperatures in the food service areas can range from -30° to 95°.
The Faculty Student Association is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply. If you need a disability related accommodation in order to perform any of the duties listed above, please call the FSA Human Resources Department at (631) 444-1473.
Hours: Varies, weekends and holidays are required
Employer: Faculty Student Association (This is not a State position.)
Union Status: 1199
How to Apply
To apply, call or send resume/application to: