Dietary Aide (LISHV)
Dietary Aides are responsible for set-up and delivery of resident meal trays. Cleaning, organizing of kitchen including but not limited to: cooking equipment, tray line area, pot area, dish machine area, emptying garbage, floors, ceilings, walls, all other equipment and refrigeration, Garden Grill Café, catering, vending and general kitchen area. On a regular basis, Dietary Aides must clean and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds and push objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to read, write and follow basic instructions in English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Related experience preferred
- Set-up and deliver all resident meal trays
- Wrap silverware
- Strip used resident trays of all refuse
- Operate the dish machine
- Set up and work tray line positions
- Portion food items: i.e. desserts, nourishments, hot food, cold food, bread, milk, oleo etc
- Clean all equipment: i.e. cooks, pots, pans, blenders, tables, tray line, refrigerators, mixers, slicer etc. using appropriate safety equipment and chemicals
- Clean and sanitize all tables (legs, underneath, lips of tables etc.)
- Empty, clean, and sanitize all garbage cans
- Clean and wipe food trucks
- Mop floor surfaces
- Clean walls and ceiling
- Attend all in-services
- Assist at catering and vending
- Perform other duties as assigned as appropriate
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, moving objects, loud noise, slippery services, wetness, potential electrical hazard, potential burns, may require special clothing/safety equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to blood, body tissue/fluids, and hazardous materials. Rarely exposed to high radiation.
- Temperatures in the food service areas can range from -30° to 95°.
The Faculty Student Association is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply. If you need a disability related accommodation in order to perform any of the duties listed above, please call the FSA Human Resources Department at (631) 632-9306.
Hours: Varies, weekends and holidays are required
Employer: Faculty Student Association (This is not a State position.)
Union Status: None
How to Apply
To apply, call or send resume/application to:
West Side Dining, Room 207B
Stony Brook, NY 11790