Cafeteria Aide (SBUMC)
Cafeteria Aides perform a variety of retail services that may include the accurate preparation, serving and storage of food, general sanitation, cleaning and use of kitchen equipment. Serving customers and focusing on customer service. On a regular basis, Cafeteria Aides move objects weighing up to 50 pounds and push objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to read, write and follow basic instructions in English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Accurately portion and serve food for customers quickly, with a minimum of waste and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Transport food carts and equipment in a safe manner throughout the hospital.
- Accurately inventory and maintain necessary supplies to ensure efficiency of retail operation.
- Safely transport garbage, and recyclable material to assigned areas.
- Date, label and rotate stock in accordance with procedural priorities.
- Complete food temperature control logs as per established protocol.
- Safely operate and clean equipment according to departmental procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, local and departmental sanitation procedures and maintain a clean, sanitary working environment in all areas of Food & Nutrition Services.
- Identify and utilize cleaning chemicals used in the department following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, moving objects, loud noise, slippery services, water, potential electrical hazard, potential burns, may require special clothing/safety equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to blood, body tissue/fluids, and hazardous materials. Rarely exposed to high radiation.
- Temperatures in the food service areas can range from -30° to 95°.
The Faculty Student Association is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply. If you need a disability related accommodation in order to perform any of the duties listed above, please call the FSA Human Resources Department at (631) 444-1473.
Hours: Varies, weekends and holidays are required
Employer: Faculty Student Association (This is not a State position.)
Union Status: 1199
How to Apply
To apply, call or send resume/application to:
SBU Medical Center FSA Office, Level 1
Stony Brook, NY 11790
To apply, call or send resume/application to: Jillian Mungal