Skip Navigation

Non-Matriculated Students

Generally, students not enrolled in a degree granting program are not eligible for federal or state aid. However, if the courses are prerequisites leading to admission into a degree-granting program, and you are enrolled for six or more credits, we can offer a federal student loan. You must complete a FAFSA and have your intended program department sign a Preparatory Coursework form.

Eligible non-matriculated students may receive loans for one consecutive, twelve-month period. If the student is unable to matriculate into a degree-granting program at the end of the twelve-month term of eligibility, he/she will no longer be eligible to receive additional federal loans. Once the student becomes matriculated, he/she may continue to receive federal loans and may also be eligible for other types of aid. Please review the Preparatory Coursework Form for additional details.

If you do not meet the eligibility requirements to apply for federal financial aid through use of a Preparatory Coursework Form you may apply for a private/alternative loan to cover your education expenses.