Skip Navigation

If you are eligible to receive federal financial aid while attending Stony Brook the University can still process your financial aid.  If you are eligible for Pell, SEOG, federal loans, etc. you can receive them. You will not be eligible for federal work study while on exchange. However, you can still work at a non-work study job.

New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is available only if you pay tuition directly to Stony Brook University.  It would also be available if you exchanged to another NSE school in New York State.

Stony Brook students apply as usual for financial aid by listing the Stony Brook University school code (002838) on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students do not apply to the host school for financial aid. Stony Brook University has a liaison counselor in the financial aid office who deals with NSE students on a personal basis.

If you are a recipient of a Stony Brook University scholarship, in all likelihood you may use it if you are paying tuition and fees directly to Stony Brook.  However, it is best to check with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services to make sure this is the case.

If you are a recipient of a private scholarship or any other outside funding source, you will have to check with that agency to find out their requirements for its use.

To learn more about the National Student Exchange Program please visit the website.


nse logo 


Login to Edit