Starting with the academic year 2023-2024, we will be piloting two significant changes
to the reappointment process for Lecturers:
- All West Campus reappointments will go through Interfolio. (PCR approval is not required
for existing reappointments.)
- The default term for appointment or reappointment of lecturers will be two years -
exceptions specified below.
- The new default term for full-time Lecturers is expected to be two years. All initial
appointments as well as reappointments are expected to be for two years. However,
one year term may be required in cases where two-year terms are not operationally
feasible. For instance, one year reappointments will be necessary in cases of replacement
appointments shorter than two years, budgetary constraints, special programs like
student success lecturers initiative, etc.
- A Lecturer who has completed six years of continuous service may be reappointed for
a three-year term. Case files for three-year reappointments must include course evaluations
and faculty vote.
Reappointment case files must include the most recent two years of course evaluations
in either of the following situations:
- When the reappointment will follow six years of continuous service, and every six
years subsequently, or
- When reappointing for a term of more than two years.
Please see the "Provost Office - Reappointment for Full-time Lecturer" template in
the RPT module of Interfolio for further details about the requirements of the reappointment
process. For any questions, please reach out to Faculty Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.