Dr. Kevin M. Moriarty
Undergraduate Program Director,
Assistant Professor of Practice
Ph.D., New Jersey Institute of Technology
M.B.A. Dowling College,
Engineering Economic Principles & Concepts,
Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- EST 280 - Fundamentals of Industrial Engineering
- EST 341 - Industrial Engineering; Intro to Operations Research I
- EST 392 - Engineering Economics (online)
- EST 441 - Interdisciplinary Senior Project
- VIP 395 - Intermediate Multidisciplinary Project
- EMP 504 - Quantitative Methods in Management
- EMP 518 - Project Managment
Externally-Funded Research Grants:
- National Science Foundation, NSF I-Corps. Entrepreneurial Lead (EL) $50,000, collaborating with Principal Investigator (PI) Dr. Paul G. Ranky, NJIT, NYCRIN cohort, conducting research on commercialization of Quantitative Service Quality (QSQ).
- Strategic Partnership for Industrial Resurgence at Stony Brook University, (SPIR), $23,683, Principal Investigator (PI), “Manufacturing Process Improvement, Lean Implementation”.
- Manufacturing and Technology Resource Consortium (MTRC) regional NY-MEP, $5,921, Principal Investigator (PI),“Manufacturing Process Improvement, Lean Implementation”.
- Strategic Partnership for Industrial Resurgence at Stony Brook University,(SPIR), $25,212, Principal Investigator (PI), “Pneumatic UAV Launcher, SwitchDatabase and Inventory Barcoding”.
- Manufacturing and Technology Resource Consortium (MTRC) regional NY-MEP, $6,480, Principal Investigator (PI), “Pneumatic UAV Launcher, Switch Database and Inventory Barcoding”.
Kevin M. Moriarty Sr. is an assistant professor of practice and undergraduate program director in the Department of Technology and Society he teaches the Technological Systems Management and Global Operations Management programs. He has been teaching graduate and undergraduate courses at Stony Brook University’s College of Engineering and Applied Sciences since 1997.
Kevin Moriarty has held senior management positions with a number of International, and New York Corporations having served in senior executive positions, VP and General Manager for several Long Island high tech manufacturing companies throughout his career. He has managed company operations with $150 million in annual revenues and over 300 employees. He has held executive management positions with companies, such as Festo Corp, Siemens Corp and Thermo Fisher. These companies are considered leaders in the industrial automation, controls and instrumentation industries.
He has also previously held the position of vice president of operations with Thermo Electron, a $4 billion global technology instruments company with leading positions in electronics, industrial, and medical/laboratory instruments. He joined Thermo Electron in 2000 after 5 years with the Industrial automation giant Festo Corp headquartered in Stuttgart Germany, where he was the VP of North American Operations.
Kevin Moriarty joined Festo in 1995. Festo is the world's largest pneumatic industrial automation supplier. There, he held the top operations position as vice president of operations for North America. Prior to Festo, he held senior management positions with Dayton T. Brown Inc., and Siemens Corp. Kevin Moriarty is also a decorated Vietnam Era veteran having served for approximately 8 years, with the US Army Corp of Engineers, leaving to pursue his career in commercial industry.
A native of Long Island, N.Y., Dr. Moriarty holds a PhD in Industrial Engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology's, Newark College of Engineering, as well as M.B.A. and B.S.in Industrial Engineering. He is also a Vietnam Era Veteran and member of the NY State Senate's Veterans Hall of Fame, having been inducted in May of 2019.
Kevin Moriarty’s research interests are; Industrial Engineering, “Lean Enterprise” development, innovation and the commercialization of new technologies, quantitative quality service and maintenance, technical operations management, manufacturing engineering and engineering education.
Office: 1423 Computer Science