M.S., Stony Brook University, Ph.D., Stony Brook University
- EST 304 - Communication for Engineers & Scientists
- EST 581 - Heuristics and Quantitative Decision Making
- Tonjes, D.J., O. Aphale, L. Clark, and K.L. Thyberg. 2018. Conversion from dual stream to single stream recycling results in nuanced effects on revenues and waste stream amounts and composition. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. 138 (November 2018): 151-159.
- Thyberg, K.L., D.J. Tonjes. 2017. The Environmental Impacts of Alternative Food Waste Treatment Technologies in the U.S. Journal of Cleaner Production. 158 (August): 101-108.
- Thyberg, K.L., D.J. Tonjes. 2016. Drivers of Food Waste and their Implications for Sustainable Policy Development. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 106 (2016): 110-123. *** Received 30 th Anniversary Best Paper Award, December 2018***
- Thyberg, K.L., D.J. Tonjes, J. Gurevitch. 2015. Quantification of Food Waste Disposal in the United States: A Meta-Analysis. Environmental Science & Technology 49(24): 13946-13953.
- Thyberg, K. L., and D. J. Tonjes. 2015. A management framework for municipal solid waste systems and its application to food waste prevention. Systems 3(3): 133-151.
- Aphale, O., K.L. Thyberg, and D.J. Tonjes. 2015. Differences in Waste Generation, Waste Composition, and Source Separation across Three Waste Districts in a New York Suburb. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 99(2015): 19-28.
- Greene (Thyberg), K.L. and D.J. Tonjes. 2014. Degradable plastics and their potential for affecting solid waste systems. pp. 91-102. In: Waste Management and the Environment VII, V. 180 in WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment WIT Press, Southampton, UK. 524 pp.
- Greene (Thyberg), K.L. and D.J. Tonjes. 2013. Quantitative assessments of municipal waste management systems: Using different indicators to analyze programs in New York State. Waste Management 34(4): 825-836.
- Tonjes, D.J. and
K.L. Greene (Thyberg). 2012. A Review of National Municipal Waste Generation Assessments in the USA.
Waste Management and Research 30(8): 758-771.
Office: Old Computer Science 1422