Stony Brook University’s Start-Up NY program is overseen by an Executive Committee consisting of the individuals listed below and implemented by the University’s Economic Development Council, augmented by the Start-Up NY Working Group, representing the campus’ principal state-awarded programs for business assistance and economic development.
- Samuel L. Stanley Jr., MD, President
- Kenneth Kaushansky, MD, MACP, Sr. Vice President for Health Sciences and Dean School of Medicine
- Lyle Gomes, Vice President for Finance and Chief Budget Officer
- Judith B. Greiman, Chief Deputy to the President, Vice President for Government and Community Relations
- Robert L. Megna, Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Yacov Shamash, Vice President for Economic Development and Dean, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Charles Taber, Interim Provost, Dean of the Graduate School
- Matthew Whelan, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
The oversight of the senior leadership of the University will ensure alignment with the campus mission. The operational support of the business assistance and economic development programs at Stony Brook will ensure appropriate connections for the companies with the programs that will support them.