Grief and Loss
List of Suffolk County Support Groups (download)
- Awakening Through Change and Loss - Tara Brach 11/19/2014 (54:58)
NYS and National Resources
- Supporting a Grieving Person
Hold The Door For Others (inspired by Sept. 11th) - Provides free resources, workbooks and services to those who are affected by any type of loss or adversity.
- Parents of Murdered Children - POMC is a self-help group dedicated to helping the families and friends of those who have lost their lives to violence.
Resources By Region
- Cope Foundation - Dedicated to helping parents and families living with the loss of a child.
- East End Hospice
- Life Center Bereavement and Support Group
- The Neighborhood House - Offers support groups for people who have lost a loved one through addiction or suicide. Thses closed groups are 8 weeks and at no cost to particpants. Located in Sayville.
- Marriage and Family Counseling - Couples, families, relationships, help for blended/step families; separation/divorce issues; grief/loss
- Find a Therapist - Issues: grief, depression, anxiety, trauma, individuals, couples, family therapy, child & adolescents - play therapy and EMDR. Specialties: grief, trauma & PTSD, women’s' issues.
- Niagara Falls Medical Center - A support group for adults coping with the death of a loved one. Meetings are held the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month 6pm-7:30pm
- The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care (Fee $60-$80) - Support for those who have experienced the death of a spouse or significant other, i.e. after a parent dies, cancer survivor, suicide bereavement, widows & widowers