Depression and Suicide Prevention
NYS and National Resources
- What to Do When Someone Is Suicidal
- Online Support Groups - Support groups for survivors of suicide, and families, friends, and spouses of victims.
- WorkingMinds - Suicide prevention in the workplace.
- The Carson J Spencer Foundation - Suicide prevention and supporting those bereaved by suicide.
- Man Therapy - Uses humor and male stereotyping to introduce topics such as depression and suicide prevention.
- Families for Depression Awareness - Helping families recognize and cope with depression and bipolar disorder.
- A Journey Toward Health & Hope: Your Handbook for Recovery After a Suicide Attempt - SAMHSA
- The Top Mental Health Challenges Facing Students
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- September 5-11 is National Suicide Prevention Week
- September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day
Resources By Region
- Suffolk County Mobile Crisis : Offers crisis intervention services to individuals in the Community who are experiencing psychiatric/emotional problems. The team will make referrals for after care if necessary or arrange for hospitalization.
New York City