In an Emergency
Campus Phone: 911
Non-Campus Phones (631)632-3333
University Police Community Relations: (631) 632-3056
Domestic Violence/Sexual Violence/Sexual Harassment - Title IX
Title IX prohibits sex discrimination in all forms, including sexual violence and/or harassment. Contact Marjolie Leonard, Director for Title IX and Risk Management, Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity, 201 Administration Building, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-0251, Marjolie.Leonard@stonybrook.edu (p) 631.632.6280.
See www.stonybrook.edu/titleix for more information and/or to report an incident.
Emergency Management & Web Resources
Hospital Emergency Department
West Campus Operator: "0"
Hospital Operator: (631) 444-6000
outside Operator: "9-0"
Crisis Response of Suffolk County
Suffolk County Mobile Crisis
Suffolk County Government Office of Emergency Management
Mental Health Association of Nassau County Help Line
(516) 504 - HELP (4357) Hours are between 9am to 9pm 7 days a week
Nassau University Medical Center Psychiatric Emergency Room
Nassau County Crisis Hotlines and Services
Mobile Crisis Intervention Team
For Adults (Hours 10am to 8:30pm 7 days a week) (516) 572 - 6419
For Children (10:30am to 6:30pm 7 days a week) (516) 868 – 3030 Ext. 245 / 246
Nassau County Government Office of Emergency Management
Long Island Crisis Center
Red Cross: Nassau County: (516) 747-3500
Red Cross: Suffolk County: (631) 924-6700
PSEG Long Island NY
1-800-490-0075 or 1-631-755-6900
In Case of Emergency
Resources for Emergency Preparedness
- New York State Emergency Management Association
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): (800) 480-2520
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security: (800) BE-READY
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: (800) 311-3435
- U.S. Department of Energy: (800) DIAL DOE (800-342-5363)
- National Weather Service
Suffolk County Water Authority (SCWA)
After Hours Emergency
Code Red Emergency Notification System
View Website (718)-643-4050 Gas Emergencies:
(800) 930-5003 (Tri-state area)
Charging Cell Phones & Laptops:
Local Libraries & some Cell Phone Stores
Suffolk County Cooperative Library System
(631) 286-1600 / Fax: (631) 286-1647
TTY: (631) 286-4546
627 North Sunrise Service Road
P.O. Box 9000
Bellport, New York 11713-9000
Nassau Library System
Fax: (516) 565-0950
900 Jerusalem Ave.
Uniondale, N.Y. 11553
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) : Toll-free. 24 hours/7 days a week.
- NYS Suicide Crisis Telephone Numbers : search numbers by county in New York State.
- Response of Suffolk County (631-751-7500) : Crisis intervention/referral hotline. 24 hours/7 days a week.
- HOPELINE (1-800-442-4673) : Suicide hotline. Includes numbers for veterans, grad students, teens, moms with post-partum depression, & Spanish speakers.
- NYS Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-942-6906) : Find hotline number of your local domestic violence program. English & español/Multi-language Accessibility.
- Suffolk County Coalition Against Domestic Violence (631-666-8833) : Help with safety planning, crisis intervention, information and referral. 24 hours/7 days a week. Confidential & toll-free.
- Nassau County Coalition Against Domestic Violence (516-542-0404) : For victims of domestic violence, rape and sexual assault; bilingual court advocacy; legal consultation & representation; safe emergency housing; elder abuse services; referrals and systems advocacy; community education. 24 hours a day.
- VIBS Hotline (631-360-3606): Family violence and rape crisis center. Provides telephone counseling, information, referrals, and access to Emergency Room Companions and SANE Centers. 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- OASAS HOPEline (1-877-846-7369) : Alcoholism, drug abuse & problem gambling hotline. Speak to a trained medical professional. 24 hours/7 days a week. Confidential & toll-free.
- Suffolk County Mobile Crisis (631-952-3333) : Offers crisis intervention services to individuals in the Community who are experiencing psychiatric/emotional problems. The team will make referrals for after care if necessary or arrange for hospitalization.
- Military/Veteran’s Crisis Hotline (1-800-273-8255, press 1) : For veterans, friends & family. 24 hours/7 days a week/365 days a year. Confidential & toll-free
- National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-422-4453) : Crisis intervention, information, literature, and referrals to emergency, social service, & support resources. Anonymous & confidential. 24 hours/7 days a week.
- Parent Helpline (1-800-CHILDREN) : Free, confidential, multi-lingual information and referral service for anyone who has questions or concerns about a child or family. Every day from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m., after 10pm message can be left & call will be returned next day.
- National Problem Gambling Helpline (1-800-522-4700) : 24 hours/7 days a week. Confidential.
- NYS Problem Gambling HOPEline (1-877-846-7369) : 24 hours.
- Gambler’s Anonymous : Lists hotline numbers for all states. (855-222-5542 Long Island)
- Smoker’s Quitline (1-866-697-8487) : Free & confidential.
- American Cancer Society (1-800-227-2345) : Cancer information & resources. 24 hours/7 days a week.