Employee Safety Procedures
All employees including management will be issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment-face mask, gloves, face shields, goggles etc.) to perform their duties safely and limit exposure when interacting with students.
All employees including management are required to wear a face mask while working in any dining locations except if they have medical conditions that exempts them from doing so.
All employees will undergo a health screening check in procedure upon arrival to their respective work location by a manager which entails symptom screening, travel advisory questionnaire. In addition, Management and Vendors are required to complete a daily health screening questionnaire utilizing a third-party application that will be tracked electronically.
All employees are required to notify management if they become sick at work and will be sent home immediately and be advised to seek medical care. In addition, employees who experience any symptoms after leaving or before coming to work must notify management and will not be allowed to come to work without medical clearance.
ANYONE who has symptoms and tests COVID positive MUST isolate REGARDLESS of vaccination status!
Fully vaccinated individuals exposed to COVID-19
- Asymptomatic individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 do not need to quarantine after exposure to COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated individuals exposed to COVID-19 who are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 must isolate themselves and should be clinically evaluated for COVID-19 and tested for COVID-19 if indicated.
This guidance applies to all fully vaccinated people. However, individuals should be encouraged to consult with their healthcare provider if they have any questions about their individual situation, such as immunocompromising conditions or other concerns.
Recently recovered individuals exposed to COVID-19
- Asymptomatic individuals exposed to COVID-19 who have been recently diagnosed with laboratory confirmed COVID-19, and have since recovered, are not required to retest and quarantine provided the new exposure is within 3 months after the date of symptom onset from the initial COVID-19 infection or date of first positive diagnostic test if asymptomatic during illness.
- This guidance applies to all people who have recently recovered from COVID-19 and are newly exposed to COVID-19. However, individuals should be encouraged to consult with their healthcare provider if they have any questions about their individual situation, such as immunocompromising conditions or other concerns.
Individuals who are neither fully vaccinated nor recently recovered and are exposed
- Individuals who have been exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, who are not fully vaccinated or have not recovered from COVID-19 in the previous 3 months, are required to quarantine for 10 days after exposure.
- Testing is not required to end quarantine if no symptoms have been reported during
the quarantine period. However, a test should be sought immediately if any symptoms
develop during the 14 days after exposure. Guidance regarding quarantine can be found
- If someone chooses NOT to share their vaccination status, they will be considered not vaccinated by default.
All employees will be required to wash hands every 20 minutes, in between tasks, after breaks, or as frequently as possible when hands may have become contaminated.
Hand sanitizer stations are provided throughout the kitchen, throughout the dining halls, at self-service stations, entrances, and exits of all dining halls.
Utensils at self-service stations will be replaced every 20-30 minutes, washed, rinsed, and sanitized as an added layer of safety precaution in addition to having hand sanitizer at these stations.
All unvaccinated associates are required to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of physical distancing from each other during working hours, staggered meal breaks, and when interacting with students, faculty, and visitors.
Exposure and Positive test any employee including management who tests positive or becomes exposed will be required to isolate/quarantine for the appropriate time as directed by the local/state mandates and will not be allowed to work until such time has passed or cleared by a doctor.
Contact Tracing any individual(s) testing positive will be required to comply with contact tracing efforts by the local health department.
Training all employees including management will be required to attend and complete a robust Strategic Learning and Development curriculum. In addition, employees will participate in daily pre-service meal topics in conjunction with ongoing safety, sanitation, local/state/CDC guidelines.
CulinArt Group is set to launch its Best Practices Video Series which will cover such topics as new business reactivation procedures, the COVID-19 check-in program, proper uniform guidelines, wearing masks, proper handwashing, and other important topics. View an introductory peak at the first series installment: Navigating the New Normal Together
Daily Employee Checklist
- Wash your hands in a designated hand wash sink-located at your dining location for a minimum of twenty seconds after completing and before beginning new tasks.
- Complete the Mandatory Health Questionnaire.
- Have you had any fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing in the last 24 - 48 hours?
- Does anyone in your household have a fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills or repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain/body aches, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell in the last 24 - 48 hours?
- Have you had close contact with any possible source of Coronavirus (COVID-19)? This includes being within approximately 6 feet (2 meters) of a COVID-19 case for a prolonged period of time; keep in mind close contact can occur while caring for, living with, visiting, working or sharing a room with a COVID-19 positive or suspected individual?
- Daily use of Personal Protective Equipment (mask, hand sanitizer, gloves etc.).
- Go directly to the restrooms/locker room, change, wash hands, put away personal belongings, report to your station leader, wash your hands, and use hand sanitizer before putting gloves.
- Please practice proper hygiene etiquette by coughing and sneezing into the bend of your elbows and wash your hands immediately after.
- If at any time during your shift you do not feel well, let your manager know.