2019 Spring Enrollment Guide for International Students
1. About ZUEL
Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (ZUEL) is located in Wuhan, a metropolis of Central China. It is an institution of higher education under the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China with economics, law, and management as its core disciplines. These are coordinated with the development of six other disciplines including Literature, History, Philosophy, Science, Engineering, Art, etc. ZUEL has established itself as a top university directly under the Ministry of Education and has been appointed as a participant in the “211 Project” and “the 985 Project Innovation Platform”, two national development projects committed to achieving first-rate education and scholarships that meet international standards. ZUEL consists of 19 schools, offering 51 undergraduate majors, 89 master and 51 doctoral programs. Particularly, ZUEL is authorized to confer MBA, EMBA, J.M. and MPAcc degrees and enroll international students at all levels, as well as students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. In addition, there are 6 postdoctoral mobile centers at ZUEL. ZUEL has established an overseas students’ scholarship. The scholarship will support outstanding international students to apply for Bachelor, Master and Doctor’s degrees at ZUEL. ZUEL welcomes all the students all over the world to come and study.
- Key research base of humanities at the state level: Intellectual property research center
- Key disciplines at the state level: Public Finance, Accounting, Finance, Civil and Commercial Law
- Master’s Degree Program (taught in English, 2 Years): Accounting, Finance, International Law, MBA, International Trade
The Association of MBAs
- The MBA Program is of world-class quality having been internationally accredited by the association of MBAs.
- 2014 Chinese University Evaluation Report: 2014 Chinese Finance and Economics university rankings: No. 1
- 2015 Chinese Finance and Economics university rankings: No. 2
- 2015 Chinese Finance and Economics university rankings: No. 2
2. Project Introduction
Prorams of Study available for 2019 Spring intake
- Chinese Language Students
- General Advanced Study
- Senior Advanced Study
Chinese Language Students
Each semester, the International Education School organizes language-teaching classes at elementary-1, elementary-2, intermediate-1, intermediate-2 and advanced-1, advanced-2 levels. Students are to be placed in classes that suit them best by taking a proficiency test. A class is usually composed of 15-20 students. The spring semester usually starts from late February and the autumn semester from early or middle September. A semester usually consists of 18 weeks with 20 class hours of language courses per week. Electives are offered for students to choose from one to two courses according to the students’ interest and Chinese capacity, such as Chinese calligraphy. Field trips are arranged once or twice each semester.
|General Advanced Study's Majors||Senior Advanced Study's Majors|
|Political Economics||School of Economics||Economics of Population Resources & Environment||School of Economics|
|World Economy||School of Economics||World Economy *||School of Economics|
|Public Finance||Public Finance & Taxation School||Public Finance||Public Finance & Taxation School|
|Finance *||School of Finance||Finance *||School of Finance|
|Legal Theory||Law School||Jurisprudence||Law School|
|Constitutional Law & Administrative Law||Law School||Constitutional Law & Administrative Law||Law School|
|Environment & Resources Protection Law||Law School||Environment & Resources Protection Law||Law School|
|Procedural Law||Law School||Procedural Law||Law School|
|Civil-Commercial Law||Law School||Civil-Commercial Law||Law School|
|Economics Law||Law School||Economics Law||Law School|
|International Law *||Law School||International Law *||Law School|
|Legal History||Law School||Legal History||Law School|
|Intellectual Property Law *||School of Intellectual Property Law||Intellectual Property Law||School of Intellectual Property Law|
|Criminal Law||Criminal Justice School||Criminal Law||Criminal Justice School|
|Journalism||School of Journalism & Mass Media||Industrial Economics||School of Business Administration|
|Marketing Management||School of Business Administration||Marketing Management||School of Business Administration|
|E-Commerce||School of Business Administration||Agricultural Economics||School of Business Administration|
|Business Administrations||School of Business Administration||Business Administrations||School of Business Administration|
|Industrial Economics||School of Business Administration||Industrial Economics *||School of Business Administration|
|International Trade||School of Business Administration||International Trade *||School of Business Administration|
|Technological Economy & Management||School of Business Administration||Tourism Management||School of Business Administration|
|Forest Economy Management||School of Business Administration||Accounting *||School of Accounting|
|Land Resource Management||School of Business Administration||Statistics||School of Statistics & Mathematics|
|Tourism Management *||School of Business Administration||Quantitative Economics||School of Statistics & Mathematics|
|Agricultural Economy Management||School of Business Administration|
|International Business **||School of Business Administration|
|Accounting *||School of Accounting|
|Statistics||School of Statistics & Mathematics|
|Quantitative Economics||School of Statistics & Mathematics|
|Data Mining & Business Intelligence||School of Information & Safety Engineering|
|Information Security Management||School of Information & Safety Engineering|
|International Relationship||School of Philosophy|
|MBA *||MBA School|
* Chinese and English programs
** English program only
3. Application period and fees
Application period for 2019 spring intake
November 1st, 2018 ~ December 10th, 2018
* Non-degree programs are offered in this season.
|Categories of Degrees||Schooling||Tuition Fees (CNY, per person per year)|
|General Advanced Study||Within 2 years||RMB 16,000 yuan|
|Senior Advanced Study||Within 1 year||RMB 20,000 yuan|
|Chinese Language||1 year||RMB 16,000 yuan|
：Double Occupancy - RMB 25 yuan/bed/day,
Single Occupancy - RMB 45 yuan/room/day
Medical Insurance: The Ministry of Education of China requests that each foreign student studying in China should have to buy health insurance. Students are recommended to buy the health insurance in Chinese Ping Insurance Company.
Health insurance fee: 800RMB/year/person (under 45 years old)
Application fee: 500RMB (The application fee for Exchange Students is waived)
4. Qualifications for Applilcants
|Chinese Language Applicants||General Advanced Study Applicants||General Advanced Study Applicants|
|Applicants should be in good mental and physical health, and between 18 and 50 years of the age.||Applicants should have obtained Bachelor’s Degree or above, and be under the age of 45.||Applicants should have obtained Master’s Degree or above, and be under 50 years old.|
* Language Proficiency for English-medium Programs- Good command of English. Applicants with more than 80 marks on TOEFL, 6 marks on IELTS or official proficiency certificate are preferred.
5. Guide to Application
1. The color scanned passport, including the information page and its previous page, should be as clear and complete.
2. The name must be the same as that in the passport. Abbreviations or omissions of the middle name are not allowed. If there is no family name or first name, please leave it with a blank, ‘-’ or ‘.’.
3. Applicants already in China must submit color scanned visa within the validity period with the latest entry stamp.
4. Applicants under the age of must submit valid documents of legal guardians, such as ID card, certificate of income and letter of guardianship. (Either one is acceptable)
5. Applicants must fill in all the study and work experiences from high school so far without gaps. (Korean applicants should list the period of military service)
6. Applicants must submit either scanned diploma or certificate of the highest degree. If the degree certificate isnot acquired yet, the previously acquired academic certificate must be submitted. (Any other relevant documents are unacceptable)
7. If the academic certificate is non-English, the original must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
8. The highest level of education must be filled in the previously acquired degree.
9. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English); transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
10. Applicants must submit Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) written in English. (downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org ) The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
11. Language requirement. For Chinese-taught programs: Undergraduates should submit HSK 4 Certificate; master's students and doctoral students should submit certificate above HSK 4.For English-taught programs: TOEFL: 75 or IELTS: 6.0.Applicants whose native language or official language is English don't need to submit certification of language proficiency; applicants whose previous degree programs are taught in English may use relevant documents to certify the language proficiency.
12. Recommendation letters (written in Chinese or English). Applicants for the graduate programs, and senior and common scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors.
13. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English). This should be a minimum of 1500 words for common scholars and master's students, 2500 words for senior scholars and doctoral students.
14. The application documents and related documents will not be returned.
6. Application Procedure
1. Login Online Application
Complete the information, upload all the required documents and submit your application. Please make sure all information and documents are true and valid. Uncompleted application would be rejected.
2. Qualification Verification
Once you are conditionally admitted, you can check the notification via the online system. After pre-inscription, it would take time to get the permission from relevant departments.
3. Admission Notice
When we receive the permitted document, we would send out admission notice and JW202 form ASAP. Please check email regularly and conform postal address.
Note: For Confucius Institute Scholarship applicants, after being admitted by Hanban, the successful applicants need to register and apply online ASAP: http://iesmis.zuel.edu.cn. Complete the information, upload all the required documents and submit your application.
7. Application Information for Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018
All applicants shall be
(a) Non-Chinese citizens
(b) In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
(c) Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
(d) Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2018. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45, while undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 25.
2. Scholarship Types and Qualifications
Commences either in September 2018 or March 2019, and provides scholarship of maximum 5 months. Applicants withholding visas X1 or X2 are not eligible.
3. Application Procedure
Online registration will be available from March 1, 2018 on the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (cis.chinese.cn). Please log on to search recommending institutions and host institutions, upload application materials online, track the application progress, feedback of review and admission results. Scholarship holders need to confirm with the host institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out CIS certificate online, and register at host institutions at the designated date and time as per the letter of admission.The application deadlines are December 10 th (for those commencing in March 2019) Hanban will complete the scholarship review and notify the results two months before enrollment of the admitted students.
4. Application Documents for Confucius Institute Scholarship
A. For all applicants
(a) A Scanned copy of passport photo page
(b) A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity)
(c) A Recommendation letter by the head of the recommending institutions
B. For degree scholarship program applicants
(a) A certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation)
and an official transcript.
(b) Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide a notarized employment agreement with teaching institutions are preferred.
C.Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
D.Applicants shall also provide additional documents required by the host institutions
5. Confucius Institute Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (four-week study students are excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
(a) Tuition fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions to provide teaching and management of scholarship students organizing cultural and social activities, as well as organizing Chinese language proficiency tests. Tuition fee does not cover the textbook expenses and tourist tickets.
(b) Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions to provide students with in-campusapartments (usually double rooms). Students may also live off-campus upon application and getting permission from the host institutions. Students who live off-campus are entitled to accommodation allowance of 700 CNY per person/month paid on a monthly / quarterly basis from the host institutions.
(c) Living allowance is granted by host institutions on a monthly basis. The monthly allowance for undergraduates, one-academic-year study students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person. For MTCSOL student, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person.
Students are required to complete enrollment procedures for every semester within stipulated period; otherwise, their scholarship may be cancelled. Students who are enrolled before the 15th (or on the 15th) of the month are entitled to the full allowance of that month while those enrolled after the 15th of that month are only entitled to half of the amount.
During the study period, for any student who is absent from China due to personal reasons for more than 15 days (excluding winter and summer holidays), the allowance during absence will be suspended.
For students who suspend study or drop out of school for personal reasons, or who are given disciplinary punishment by the host institutions, allowance will be terminated on the date of such suspension, dropping out or when the decision of such punishment is announced.
The living allowance for the month of graduation will be granted half a month after the date of graduation or expiration day of the study confirmed by host institutions.
Comprehensive medical insurance is purchased by the host institutions in accordance with relevant regulations of studying in China stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China. Insurance fee per person is 160 CNY for four-week study students, 400 CNY for one-semester students, and 800 CNY per year for students engaged in program longer than one academic year.
(a) For major training plans and courses, please contact designated host institutions
(b) Applicants shall be familiar with the specific criteria and closing dates for registration, and follow specific procedures to submit necessary documents
(c) Degree students shall accept the annual assessment under the Annual Appraisal Procedures of Confucius Institute Scholarship
(d) Those who failed to register on time, failed to pass the health assessment, dropped out midway and/or suspended will be deprived of scholarship.
Division of Test and Scholarships at Hanban
8. Contact Information
Contact: Ms. Zhu
Address: International Education School, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, 182# Nanhu Avenue, East Lake High-tech Development Zone, Wuhan City, Hubei Province P.R.China, 430073