Skip Navigation


All departments can reserve space for University related events, as an internal event or an internal/external event. 
An Internal event is an event open to current SBU Faculty, Staff and Students.  In these cases there are no fees for space rental and the only fees incurred are direct costs. 
An Internal/External event is when a department sponsors an event that includes attendees outside of the SBU community.  In this case there are nominal fees associated with the use.  Any event that is open to the other universities, groups, or publicis considered an internal/external event.
Internal Clients: Request a Reservation in 25Live:Click Here



Requests for space are awarded first-come, first-served and handled in the order requested. It may take up to 3 business day for a confirmation and a cost estimate.   As your event takes shape we ask that you keep us apprised so we can reserve equipment, schedule staff and revise costs.  


Fees are based on an 8 hour day, with your catering set up needs as part of your reservation time. Any events outside building hours require pre-approval and additional fees apply.  You will be invoiced after your event. When paying by cash or check, please add a 17.64% SUNY ADMIN fee. This Administrative fee is not accrued when paying by journal transfer or materials & service requisition.  Invoices are due within 30 days of receipt.


The University has a professional staff to assist with your Audio Visual needs.  Internal events may incur nominal fees for A/V support; internal/external events have tech support and standard A/V fees included in the rental fee.  An estimate will be provided at the time of your reservation request and throughout you planning process.
For safety reasons the Wang Center does not allow clients to bring their own A/V, with the exception of laptops and slide advancers (no projectors, amps, mics etc.)


The Wang Center does not permit attaching anything to the walls, doors, or floors. Easels and display boards can be provided upon request. Helium balloons and open flames are not permitted. Should your event require banners or posters to be hung, this must be pre-arranged with a member of the Wang Staff. 


Valid Parking permits are required on all vehicles on campus Monday-Friday 7am-4pm.  Metered lots and the administrative parking garage are fee based.  Remember to notify guests about parking fees on campus, unless you arrange alternate parking via the Parking & Transportation department.  


The Wang Center staffs based on events, so we require a 5-business day cancellation in writing to  Less than 5 business days or a no show will result in a $50 cancellation fee. 
Weather Related Cancellations:  If classes are cancelled due to weather-related conditions or other Force Majeure circumstances, the Wang Center reserves the right to cancel events.  Client cancellations under these conditions do not incur cancellation fees.


All fundraising activity for the University’s benefit, including the University Medical Center, Long Island State Veterans’ Home, and Stony Brook Southampton is the responsibility of the staff of the Office of the Vice President for Advancement.


Food is permitted in meeting rooms and lobbies only.  Internal events with food incur a custodial fee.  Campus Catering (CulinArt, Windows or Simons Café) do not require a food permit, outside caterers will require a food permit. It is the responsibility of the client to secure all food/alcohol permits and supply a copy to the facility.  
Catering set up/breakdown times are considered part of your reservation.  Caterers may not leave any equipment overnight all items must be picked up at the conclusion of the event or it will be thrown out.


When serving alcohol all caterers must have a New York State SLA permit  to pour.  In addition to an SLA Permit, any entity wishing to serve alcohol must have an approved Request to Serve Alcohol at a Campus Event form.   These forms should be fully executed one week prior to you event and must be on display at the event.


Any third party (non-SBU personnel or off-campus organizations) coming on to University property to film must obtain a Media permit,  to guarantee that consent/release agreements will be obtained from those filmed, and has to agree to indemnify the university and should have proof of insurance.


Media Relations should be advised if the Press is expected at an event.


If your event will include Government Representatives or visiting dignitaries, please inform a member of the Wang Staff at the beginning of the planning process so we can see that they are best accommodated. The Government Relations Office should be notified when high profile guests are expected.


Any Vendors and/or Sponsors exhibiting at events in the Wang Center must have an FSA permit to participate. These permits are coordinated through FSA and are fee based.  All vendor tables should be covered.  The Wang Center charges a fee for vendor set ups. Standard vendor set up is (1) 6 foot table with two chairs unless pre-arranged otherwise.


The Wang Center is fully accessible and inclusive to all.


Stony Brook University is a tobacco-free campus.


Environmental Health and Safety prohibits animals in the building with the exception of service animals.