Skip Navigation

Student FAQs

Academics »
Accessibility »
Commuter Student Testing & Quarantine »
Dining »
Face Masks/Coverings »
Health & Safety »
International Students »
Libraries & Technology »
Mental Health & Wellness Support »
Parking & Transportation »
Resident Student Testing & Quarantine Before Move-In »
Resident Student Move-In »
Resident Student Spring COVID Testing, Housing Policies & Reminders »
Student Employment, Jobs & Internships »
Student Health Insurance »
Student Life & Recreation »
Student Services »


Further Assistance

If you need assistance with your schedule, contact your general academic advisor for general degree requirement questions and your major/minor academic advisor for major requirement questions.  If you are an undergraduate student, click here for more information. If you are a graduate student, reach out to your graduate program advisor.

For other academic inquiries, please contact

Contact Student Accessibility Support Center at (631) 632-6748 or email .

Dining and Meal Plan:
Email or call (631) 632-6517

Housing/Residential Life:
Email or call (631) 632-6750. For specific questions about your Quad or Residence Hall, please contact your Quad Director or Residence Hall Director. 

International Students:
Please review the Visa and Immigration Services Covid-19 FAQ page . If you have any questions, please email . To schedule an appointment with an International Student Advisor, visit this website or call (631) 632-4685

For the latest information on all library services and resources, please check the Library FAQs . For all other inquiries, email

Mental Health & Wellness
To speak to a mental health counselor, call CAPS at (631) 632-6720 24/7. To register for a Let’s Talk session, visit . To speak to the Survivor Advocate, call (631) 457-9981 24/7.  

Student Health Services
Call (631) 632-6740 to make an appointment or to speak to a healthcare professional after hours (option 3). 

Parking and Transportation
Call (631) 632-AUTO or email  

Student Employment
Email SBUCareerCenter@stonybrook.ed u or visit  

Student Health Insurance
Call (631) 632-6054 or email

Student Life
For questions about clubs and organizations, email or call (631) 632-9392.

For questions about campus recreation, intramural sports or fitness classes, email or call (631) 632-7209.

Division of Student Affairs
For other student related issues, contact or visit