COVID-19 Pooled Testing
We continue to enhance our testing resources to make mandatory testing even more convenient for our on-campus employees and commuter students. In keeping with best practices, we are asking both employees and commuter students to get tested once a week. We have introduced a self-scheduler tool (replacing personal email reminders) for all non-hospital employees. On this page, find the locations, schedules, test scheduler tool and registration information.
In addition to the SAC Ballroom, we have testing sites at the HSC Galleria and the Southampton Campus Student Center (see below), with frequently expanded testing hours and days. We also provide reservations for pooled testing, which means you don't have to first receive an email invitation designating a specific testing day and time.
Please note that Hospital employees and clinical faculty members are being scheduled for testing in groups, in alphabetical order. These employees will receive an email from Hospital Human Resources when it's their time to be tested. Residential students – please find details for your required twice a week testing on this Student Health Services COVID-19 testing web page.
Registering for Your COVID-19 Saliva Test
For your required saliva test, please register at least two hours before you go for your test.
- To register, click HERE.
- If this is your first time using the registration site, choose “Register.” Enter your SBU email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and create a new password that meets the minimum criteria. DO NOT use your SBU password.
To complete the online registration form:
- ONLY enter your name, email address, phone number, SBU ID# and date of birth on the registration form even though it asks for or “requires” additional information.
- Do not enter health insurance information. It is not needed.
- Do not enter SSN.
- If the form prevents you from proceeding without completing a field enter 0 (zeros) for digits and NA for words.
- Please note that your test kit will be given to you at the testing site.
Please remember to complete your daily self-screening via the #CampusClear app. You will be required to show a "cleared" screen when you take your test.
If you have any questions about your COVID-19 saliva test or the testing process, please refer to these FAQs for more information or contact the Health Information Line (HIL) at (631) 632-5000, Option #1. Be sure to also visit this page for current updates.
Test Scheduler Tool
The Saliva Pooled Test COVID-19 Scheduler Tool enables employees to:
- View and reserve a convenient appointment time and select the most convenient of three locations.
- Identify appointment times when the testing schedule may be less busy.
- Receive a reminder email indicating appointment time and location.
- Simply choose a new date/time if there’s a need to reschedule.
How to Access the COVID-19 Scheduler Tool
Effective immediately, all West Campus, HSC, Renaissance SOM (non-clinicians) and Stony Brook Southampton Campus State and RF employees are able to use their NetID/NetID Password to access the COVID-19 Scheduler Tool and reserve a testing location, date and time.
Employees should schedule tests frequently, with weekly testing being our current best practice.
Testing Schedule for Spring Semester
SAC – COVID Saliva Pool Testing – Ballroom A
Monday and Wednesday 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 6:30 am – 2:30 pm
HSC - COVID Saliva Pool Testing – Galleria HSC
Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
SBU Southampton - COVID Saliva Pool Testing – Student Center
Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Questions? Please Contact: