Why Stony Brook University?
At Stony Brook University, the Department of Civil Engineering is reaching new heights. Our goal is to train the next generation of civil engineers to tackle society's most pressing infrastructure problems. With world-class faculty, dedicated staff, and top-notch facilities, the Department of Civil Engineering at Stony Brook is an excellent place to begin your studies and pursure a career in Civil Engineering.
Stony Brook University offers students many advantages, such as:
- affordable excellence; Stony Brook University has one of the lowest tuition rates in the country and is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)
- small classes taught by faculty; average student enrollment in civil engineering courses is 30
- the campus has one of the most diverse student populations in the country
- a collaborative and inclusive learning environment
- the opportunity to conduct state-of-the-art research with our faculty, as well as collaborate with scientists at Brookhaven National Laboratory and Cold Spring Harbor Lab
- proximity to New York City, with easy access via a Long Island Railroad station on campus
- numerous opportunities for study abroad, including at our campus in South Korea
Photo credit: New York State Thruway Authority (www.newnybridge.com)