The Center for Civic Justice offers two different types of opportunities for students who are interested in developing and refining the skills necessary to be change agents in their community: Internships and Volunteer. We are looking for individuals who are committed to the Mission & Vision of the Center for Civic Justice. Unless outlined in the opportunity description, no previous experience is required.
Internship Program for Spring 2020
Interns provide important support for the Center for Civic Justice’s activities, including its nationally-recognized voter education program. Interns report to the Center’s Coordinator, with delegated supervision from the Center’s Coordinator to a project group leader. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support development of the Center’s civic and voter engagement activities through group and individual projects
- Provide on-site, implementation support for the Center’s activities (will require some morning, afternoon, evening, night, and weekend availability)
- Attend and actively participate in weekly project group meetings, and other project group expectations
- Attend and actively participate in monthly general body meetings
- Attend and actively participate in the team retreat and team renewal
- Actively participate in all of the Center’s evaluations and assessment practices
- On average, an intern’s weekly commitment is six hours per week
Interns will maintain a cumulative and semester Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 (“good academic standing”), and will maintain good judicial standing with Stony Brook University.
As part of the Interest Form, you will have an opportunity to review more information about the intern commitment, the option to receive academic credit, and the semester 'at a glance.' It is important to review all of the information before completing the Interest Form.
Once you submit the Interest Form, it will be reviewed by the Coordinator of the Center for Civic Justice. You will receive the Application within 2 business days of submitting the Interest Form. All correspondence about your Interest Form and/or Application will be sent to your Stony Brook University email account from firstname.lastname@example.org. Interest Forms and Applications are accepted and positions are filled on a rolling basis.
Candidate interviews will be conducted January 2, 2020 via Google Hangouts. Candidate decisions will be sent on January 3. There are some remote commitments during Winter Break, so carefully review all of the information.
Interest Form Deadline: December 26, 2019
Application Deadline: December 30, 2019
Volunteer Opportunities for Spring 2020
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.