About Net Impact
Net Impact has grown a grassroots, global movement of students and emerging impact leaders who want to use their skills to make a positive impact for people and planet. [Net Impact's] approach focuses on energing 435+ global chapters of next-generation leaders to connect, learn, and act on the social and environmental issues they care about most.
Key focus areas:
- Civic Engagement
- Social Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Circularity: Responsible Production and Consumption
- Social Capital and Impact Investing
- Environment and Climate Change
To inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world.
Our 2020/2021 theme, 'Reimagining Capitalism', digs deeper into the shifting and refined role business can play as a force of good. Together, we will explore topics such as alternative economic models, defining and engaging stakeholders, harnessing technology for good, transforming business education, the intersection of people, planet, and profit, and so much more.
About Up to Us
Up to Us is dedicated to building a sustainable economic and fiscal future for America's next generation. Up to Us doesn't just educate and engage -- it empowers. Our unique program provides emerging leaders a platform for facilitating a collaborative dialogue on the country's most vexing challenges.
Campus Competition: Up to Us is the only nationwide, campus-based campaign focused on engaging and empowering students to build a sustainable economic and fiscal future. Up to Us leaders are aware of the importance of fiscal and economic issues, and work to advocate for changes in their communities and beyond. Colleges and universities across the country are engaged through impactful, creative campaigns that highlight the importance of addressing the national debat and other fiscal issues for America's future generations.
The Up to Us Pledge: The pledge is a direct action that allows individuals to voice their opinions on the national debt. Each signature is a part of a collective effort to connect with U.S. Representatives, Senators, and elected officials and create change for our fiscal future. As of March 2021, more than 131,000 people have signed the pledge so far and have made their voices heard.
Points of Pride
In 2018, Stony Brook University partnered with Net Impact to bring the Up to Us program to campus. Since then, Up to Us at Stony Brook University has been nationally recognized for its commitment to advancing economic and fiscal responsibility education among college students.
Since 2018, Stony Brook University has:
- Offered robust student leadership development opportunities, including attendance at national conferences
- Introduced over $1,000 in annual funds for student educational programming
- Received $5,000 student fellowship in 2020 to adapt voter engagement in response to COVID-19 global pandemic
- Hosted an annual Day of Action dedicated to educating students about the importance of fiscal responsibility in policy and their everyday lives
- Created social and digital media content to inform community members about the current national debt issue