In alignment with its Mission and Vision, the Center for Civic Justice has established a series of strategic priorities that it will seek to accomplish:
... individuals who have the potential to be active and engaged in the issues affecting their communities.
- Create, facilitate and moderate spaces for large-scale Community Dialogues about issues affecting the community
- Support student-led Knowledge Communities that foster new and ongoing dialogue and action development
- Coordinate efforts to reduce barriers to civic participation through the fundamental right to vote
... them to possess the tools and skills necessary to appropriately engage others in these issues.
- Create and facilitate a Civic Justice curriculum, which includes a capstone project and community service
- Coordinate personal and professional development opportunities led by prominent civic justice leaders
- Produce more well-informed voters through increased and enhanced educational experiences
... them to take appropriate individual and collective actions to create a more civically just society.
- Enable access to resources and opportunities to develop and foster innovative and actionable efforts
- Create and support internships and cooperative education that focus on affecting change in the community
- Establish service-learning and community engagement as a cornerstone of the student experience