Discover SB-You: Graduate Diversity Welcome Week
The Center for Inclusive Education at Stony Brook University welcomes rising seniors to apply to its pilot program – Discover SB-You: Graduate Diversity Welcome Week – for an all-expense paid trip to Stony Brook from October 2-4, 2019. During this exciting three day, two night stay on campus, participants will shadow a CIE graduate scholar, meet with department representatives and faculty in their program(s) of interest, learn about application best practices, network with current graduate students, and visit the local area.
For questions about the program or application process, please contact Rosalia Davi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-632-7041.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Currently matriculated undergraduate students entering their final year (anticipated graduation date of winter 2019 or spring 2020)
- Students who self-identify as underrepresented or underrepresented minority, including but not limited to race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, veteran status, or disability. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they have overcome disadvantage or other impediment to success in higher education
- US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Priority will be given to students from outside of the NYC/Tri-State area
- Complete the online application
- Submit a 1-2 page personal statement (single-spaced) demonstrating your interest in Stony Brook University and the Discover SB-You program, as well as your academic and career goals. We also encourage applicants to speak to their experience with diversity, if applicable. Please email it to CIE_GraduateSchool@stonybrook.edu (PDF document preferred). Be sure to include “Discover SB-You Application” in the subject line.
- Provide an academic resume (curriculum vitae) with at least one reference and their contact information. Please email it the address listed above.