Chemistry Department Training
The Chemistry Department arranges for the initial training of all new Chemistry graduate students at the beginning of the fall semester.
Mandatory courses for First year Graduate students:
ELS 002: Chemical Hazards Training Workshop
ELS 003: Biological Hazards
ENV001: Hazardous Waste Management Training Workshop
EFS 001, EFS 003: Fire Safety/Fire Extinguisher Demo and Practice
Annual Training for Students, Research Staff, and Faculty:
|ELS 002||ENV 001||ELS 003/ELS020||ELS 024|
|Faculty||X||X||If you work with and/or handle biologicals||If you work with nitric acid|
|Students||X||X||If you work with and/or handle biologicals||If you work with nitric acid|
|Research Staff||X||X||If you work with and/or handle biologicals||If you work with nitric acid|
The above mentioned courses are available on: http://www.stonybrook.edu/ehs/training/online-training.shtml.
To complete the on—line course, you will need:
- Net ID user name and password to access Blackboard (available through your SOLAR account).
- ENROLL in the on-line course to view the material. There is no fee to enroll in these classes.
- Successfully complete the quiz.
To access the courses:
- Go to https://blackboard.stonybrook.edu/
- Click <User Login> and enter your NetID username and password
- Click on the top tab <Courses>
- Click <Environmental Health and Safety> in the Course Catalog
- Click the arrow button to the right of the desired course ID, and then select <Enroll>.
- Click <Submit> and <OK> to complete your self-enrollment
- Follow the directions in "How to complete this course" on the left navigation bar within the course.
- Complete the "Satisfaction Survey" on the left navigation bar when you've completed the course.
Employee SOLAR accounts will be updated (For Employees - Learning and Development section) to include successful completion of the course. Everyone should print the "My Grades" page in the Blackboard course to document completion. A copy of the grade sheet should be given to Dr.Sandhya Muralidharan and to the lab safety officer. If you get an error message when you try to access the training presentation or the quiz, go back to the Course Catalog, and "Enroll" (Step 5.) Use the Blackboard help handout (see attachment) guide you.
Contact Sandhya Muralidharan (email@example.com or 632-9672) if you have any questions about accessing these on-line courses.