Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
Everyone involved in research activities must receive appropriate RCR training. Please see the Chemistry Department's RCR page for more information
General Lab Safety
Applies to all laboratory personnel and the following guidelines are essential for the safety of all.
- Housekeeping: Practice good housekeeping and personal hygiene.
- Hazard Assessment: Assess the potential risks involved with a particular experiment before you begin.
- Personal Protective Equipment: No Gloves, No Eye Protection, No Lab Coat, No Shoes all equals No Science.
- Hazardous Waste: Keep hazardous waste out of the environment. Guidelines to identify and dispose of hazardous waste in a proper manner.
- Sharps Waste: Let us all be SharpSmart and not hurt ourselves. Sharps Waste may be brought down to the Chemistry Loading Dock every Wednesday between 11am and 11:30 am for pick up.
- Waste Collection: Guidelines for proper disposal of chemical and biological waste. Chemistry Building Hazardous Waste Pick Up is located at the Chemistry Loading Dock every Wednesday from 11:00 to 11:30 am.
- Gas Tank Safety: Guidelines on handling and storage of gas tanks.
- Lab security: Guidelines to keep your lab safe and secure.
IRBNET: SBU’s electronic system for the administration and management of IRB records for investigator