General Lab Safety
Applies to all laboratory personnel and the following guidelines are essential for the safety of all.
- Housekeeping: Practice good housekeeping and personal hygiene.
- Hazard Assessment: Assess the potential risks involved with a particular experiment before you begin.
- Personal Protective Equipment: No Gloves, No Eye Protection, No Lab Coat, No Shoes all equals No Science.
- Hazardous Waste: Keep hazardous waste out of the environment. Guidelines to identify and dispose of hazardous waste in a proper manner.
- Sharps Waste: Let us all be SharpSmart and not hurt ourselves. Sharps Waste may be brought down to the Chemistry Loading Dock every Wednesday between 11am and 11:30 am for pick up.
- Waste Collection: Guidelines for proper disposal of chemical and biological waste. Chemistry Building Hazardous Waste Pick Up is located at the Chemistry Loading Dock every Wednesday from 11:00 to 11:30 am.
- Gas Tank Safety: Guidelines on handling and storage of gas tanks.
- Lab security: Guidelines to keep your lab safe and secure.