Graduate fellows, postdoctoral fellows, and any other researchers unable to view and
record the training in SOLAR should visit this
to view the return to work training video and provide affirmation.
All Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 Researchers must complete the training video and
have signed the Lab Restart Form(s) for the labs in which they will be working.
Restarting Research - SBU Phase 3 (6/24/2020)
- Stony Brook University Coming Back Safe and Strong webpage.
- Stony Brook Research Plan for Restarting Research Lab, Field, and Studio Activities
- Required COVID-19 Return to Work Training: NY State and SBU are requiring all individuals to complete the “Return to Work” training video prior to returning to campus. The video is approximately 12 minutes long. This requirement applies to those who have been working remotely and those essential employees who have remained working on campus, as well as those restarting research activities at off-site locations. If you are classified as a Stony Brook employee, the video can be accessed within SOLAR:
- Log into SOLAR
- Go to >For Employees >Learning & Development >Return To Work Training
- Use the password “employeesback” to access and watch the video
- Check the completion box and hit save to complete the training.
Chemistry Department Resources:
- Chemistry Guidelines for Phase 3 operations - 6/24/2020 ( pdf).
- Safety signs for labs and offices (doc).
- Face coverings/masks in the lab (pdf).
- NMR Facility Reopening and Access Plan (pdf).
- Mass Spectrometry Facility Reopening and Access Plan (pdf).
- Common Bio-Lab Facilities (Instruments, Cold Room, Tissue Culture) Reopening and Access Plan (pdf).
- UPDATE! Scheduling Service Visits or Other Short-term Visits ( pdf, revised 7/22/2020).
- Phase 2 Lab Restart Form - Chemistry Template (doc).