Complete the Project Scoping Form to request support for specific project development and grantseeking efforts. Provided this information, the office can determine service offerings.
The College of Engineering and Applied Sciences provides information, guidance, and services to CEAS faculty, administrators, and staff engaged in extramurally funded research. The range of services includes:
- Assist with identifying and confirming funding opportunities
- Develop and manage template library
- Track, organize, and assemble proposal components for submission
- Review or edit proposals for language, coherence, flow
- Review or edit non-technical proposal components
- Develop and review budgets
- Coordinate proposal preparation (schedule meetings, calls, note-taking, etc)
- Assist in the logistics of large-scale interdisciplinary proposals
- Define and track proposal schedule and task assignments
- Coordinate with Stony Brook University resources and offices
The office coordinates with academic departments and centers to learn department and college funding priorities and to share information about funding opportunities. For general questions about how the office can support activities, to discuss ideas for projects relating to the cross-cutting initiatives, or that are large-scale, inter- or multi-disciplinary, etc., please call 631.632.1697 or email CEAS_Grants@stonybrook.edu.