Receiving the Intern Engineering Certificate (EIT)
- Once you complete the FE exam and graduate from an ABET accredited bachelor of engineering program, you may apply for your Intern Engineering Certificate.
- All students must submit Form 1IE (see Section B.1 under Taking the FE Exam) to New York State.
- Complete Form 2 (only page 1) and email to CEAS_Info@stonybrook.edu.
- The CEAS and Registrar Offices will complete Form 2 and mail it to New York State.
- Students who complete a non-ABET accredited program, or are completing their master’s degree should follow the procedure detailed above (section B.2 through B.4 under Taking the FE Exam).