What is Unpack Your Inheritance?
Unpack Your Inheritance is an innovative, workshop that teaches inclusive leadership
skills, through the lens of inheritance.
A new definition - ancestry, culture, beliefs, values, social conditions, stories, traits and perspectives
received from past generations.
About This Workshop
Unpack Your Inheritance is an immersive virtual experience that invites you to explore,
unpack, and exchange stories about your inheritance*. Your inheritance is more than the physical items passed from one generation to the
next. It is the accumulation of your unique lived experiences that shapes the individual
you are. In this interactive, multi-sensory workshop, you will cultivate self-awareness, build
trust and develop a greater capacity to connect with those who are different from
you. By becoming aware of our own inheritance and identity, we begin to understand
others on a deeper level. Through this guided exploration you will become empowered
to lead with empathy, bridge divides, and collaborate more effectively with diverse
- Want practical tools to help your team or co-workers better communicate and collaborate?
- Want a work environment that invites more empathy, connection, and inclusivity,
while simultaneously making your meetings more productive?
- Want to feel more comfortable confidently engaging in conversations around topics
of diversity, identity, and inclusion at work?
- Want to level up your skills as a leader, team member, and facilitator?
- Feel curious about your co-workers' background, culture, and life experiences but
feel awkward or inappropriate asking?