Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB)
Leading Innovation through Diversity and Inclusion
Cultivating an innovative culture and building a diverse and inclusive workforce are crucial priorities for forward-thinking organizations. Leaders at all levels can benefit from Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB) learning initiatives to optimize decision-making, drive innovation, and enhance workplace productivity.
This program is designed to teach managers and executives how to foster an innovative culture by promoting diversity and practicing inclusive leadership. Key topics include counteracting unconscious bias and mitigating microaggressions, appreciating different dimensions of diversity, leading diverse and inclusive teams, and enhancing cultural competency to boost growth potential and adapt to changing markets.
Active experiential learning and role-playing will be emphasized to facilitate the transfer of knowledge into practice. Each participant will develop an action plan for increased inclusiveness and will leave with reference resources and practical tips for creating opportunities for diverse voices to spur innovation in corporate settings.
Who Should Attend
- Leaders, managers and team members looking to drive and sustain change within their organizations
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
What you will learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Help your organizations innovate through diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Practice inclusive leadership and support DEIB efforts in the workplace
- Increase awareness of unconscious bias and identify strategies to mitigate microaggressions and deescalate conflict
- Build diverse and inclusive teams that can adapt to change and embrace a flexible future
- Promote a culture of innovation and collaboration in the workplace
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Dates: Spring Dates Coming Soon
Time: 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Location: Online via Zoom
10% early bird discount.
(SBU alumni and veterans contact firstname.lastname@example.org for 10% discount code.) Discounts are not stackable.
SHRM Recertification Opportunity
The School of Professional Development at Stony Brook University is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
This course is valid for 8 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.