Big Data & Analytics Skills for Your Workforce
Learn how Big Data and Analytics can be harnessed to transform business and policy
at this information session, which will be led by Dr. Robert Harrison, Endowed Chair
and Director of the
Institute for Advanced Computational Science (IACS) at Stony Brook University.
Executives, managers and department heads will learn:
- What computational science is
- How several disciplines leverage big data tools to advance science and form policy
- How images, through computation, can make 3D models
- What is in their stacks (and what are stacks?)
- What technical skills training is offered through IACS: Programming workshops, efficient
use of SeaWulf cluster and aspects of high performance computing
- How to collaborate with Stony Brook's Center for Corporate Education on tailored
analytics training from the IACS to meet your data, analytics, programming, and modeling
Register now to reserve your seat, as space is limited.
About the Institute for Advanced Computational Science
Our vision is to establish Stony Brook University at the forefront of data and computing
in science and engineering by advancing vibrant interdisciplinary research and education
programs, providing broad leadership across SBU and SUNY, and delivering demonstrated
economic benefit to New York State.