Transform Healthcare Data Into Compelling Visual Stories
Healthcare organizations collect vast quantities of complex data from disparate sources,
but this data is of limited use if its locked in silos, buried in tables, and lacking
context. To get the full value of data, healthcare professionals need the insight
provided by data visualization.
Clinicians who are skilled in data visualization tools and techniques can efficiently
recognize patterns and identify correlations. They can bring into focus the key points
of any dataset and transform complex information into easily interpreted stories.
The result is improved patient outcomes, enhanced health delivery system performance,
and optimized business operations.
A SELF-PACED Micro-Course
In this asynchronous micro-course, you will learn how to use open source tools to
tell data stories. We will examine, cleanse and transform publicly available datasets
based on COVID-19 transmission rates. Then we we will recreate – and improve upon – the original visuals that were provided by Georgia's
Department of Health.
The course is offered in conjunction with Stony Brook's School of Health Professions and was created and will be led by Dr. Hants Williams, who is both a public health
nurse and a data specialist. While the course is self-paced, Dr. Williams will be
available for guidance through a Microsoft Teams channel.
WhO SHoulD TAKE THis COurse
This is a class for practitioners. You do not need to be a data scientist or have specialized knowledge to benefit from
this course. The course will have the most value for:
- Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and clinicians
- Healthcare staff in hospitals, medical groups, clinics, and community care centers
- Professionals working in life science, health science, public health, medical insurance,
pharma industries, and other related fields
- Data analysts, medical informatics analysts, technical specialists, healthcare consultants, and anyone seeking careers in healthcare analytics
Tools You Will Use
You will learn to use open-source software packages, such as Python and Jupyter Notebooks (Google Colab), along with common data transformation and visualization packages
that include Pandas and Plotly.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of data preparation, analysis, and visualization in Python
- Know sources and techniques for the acquisition and management of publicly available
- Understand the methods and techniques for the visualization of longitudinal, population
- Be introduced to common Python visualization libraries (Seaborn, Matplotlib, Plotly)
in the creation of visualizations that range from simple to complex
If you have questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and Times
This is an asynchronous, self-paced course, so you can start at any time.
$65 per participant
SBU students, alumni, employees, and veterans are eligible for a 10% discount. Email us to find out how to redeem it.
Transform Your Team
Would you like to improve your team’s performance through participation in one of
CCE's customized training programs? Please contact email@example.com for details.
In Partnership With