Leadership for STEM Professionals
A new hybrid certificate program
Schedule Coming Soon
Scientists, engineers and technology leaders need an advanced understanding of how
to align their technical skills with business acumen to be successful. Stony Brook
Leadership Certificate is designed to help STEM professionals develop the skills necessary to manage a team,
oversee complex projects and accelerate their leadership potential.
This immersive, seven-month program includes a combination of in-person and virtual
Students will explore real-world topics through diverse perspectives and will learn
proven methods that will enable them to think strategically, work collaboratively
and drive results.
By the end of the program,
students will develop their personal leadership style that reflects their unique skills.
The Program Experience
Experts in leadership program development and delivery bring their prowess to teaching
the following subject areas:
- Developing personal leadership strengths
- Business ethics and political savvy
- Conflict management and negotiation
- Leadership through decision-making
- Managing high-performing teams
- Creating and managing change
- Building and aligning functions and relationships across the organization
- Applying strategic thinking principles
- Design thinking to enhance performance and productivity
- Data analytics
- Project management
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Futuristic thinking
- Financial management
Who Should Attend
This program is best suited to leaders with at least 5 years of industry experience.
Ready To Apply?
This program will be offered to a small cohort of STEM professionals. Prospective
students are asked to complete a short application and have an interview with the
FIND OUT MORE
Request a detailed brochure or sign up for our online information session.
Sign up to learn more!