Project Planning and Control for Healthcare | PM001 - HC
Date: February 12, 13, 14, 2020
Course Length: 3 Days (24 hours)
Course Fee: $1,295.00 (10% discount for PMI members)
ARE YOU A CORPORATION?
CCE offers customized corporate and industry-specific programs.
View our Program and Course Options
WE ALL DO PROJECTS! Managing a project carries complex concerns not always found in traditional management. This workshop enables participants to learn and practice the tools and techniques needed for projects in a Healthcare environment. Best Practices for communications ( No surprises!); managing risk; change management; and coordination between the Project and Management, Cinical, Clients/Users, Team Members and Support Groups are covered in great detail. The course enables participants to identify and execute appropriate planning, organizing and controlling steps for projects, while ensuring Quality Outcomes, the first time.
This program is for anyone in the Healthcare world who is on a project team, or managing a portion or entire project in an organization (hierarchy, matrix or global task force), with shared or part-time resources, all with shifting priorities ! Included are references to related CMS, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, XLC - eXpedited Life Cycle, templates and processes. Along with Healthcare case studies, this workshop includes tips and techniques for making your projects ‘greener’ and ‘leaner’.
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- Project Management Concepts
- Project Planning
- Scope Management Project
- Project Organizing and Managing the Team – Schedule and Resource Management
- Project Execution and Control
- Instructional methods for this course are lecture, discussion, detailed case study workshops and presentations.
Upon completion of this Project Planning and Control course, each participant will be able to:
- Develop Project and Phase Plans.
- Estimate resources and schedules.
- Effectively negotiate.
- Understand management issues and techniques.
- Apply the concepts of Quality and Six Sigma.
- Implement a Change Management and reporting plan.
- Track and Report the status of the project and deliverables for early problem identification and resolution.
- Identify and Plan to mitigate Project and Product Risk factors.
- Understand and Employ Product Scope and Quality Management.
- Understand the use of project software tools
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to client’s workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. They were named the 2010 PMI “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP and the newly developed CCBA.