Project Planning and Control | PM001
Date: September 20—September 29, 2021, See
Schedule for all dates and times.
Time: 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Course Length: 24 hours
Course Fee: $1,560 (Early bird discount applies for paid registrations 2 weeks prior to start.)
This class will be held synchronously online. The required technology is a computer that is running Windows 7 or later, with a webcam and microphone.
DO YOU REPRESENT AN ORGANIZATION?
CCE offers customized corporate and industry-specific programs.
View our Program and Course Options
Managing a project carries complex concerns, not always found in traditional management. The Project Planning and Control workshop enables participants to learn and practice the tools and techniques needed in the Project Manager/Leader roles. The best practices for negotiation; communication; risk management; change management; and coordination between the Project and Management, Clients/Users, Team Members, and Support Groups are covered in great detail.
Upon completion, participants involved with PMI® and the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP) program, are awarded 24 PDUs or “Contact Hours” toward the 35 hours needed to sit for the PMP examination. (Global R.E.P. Number is 1270, Class Code: TSE001-P6.)
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- Project Management Concepts
- Project Planning
- Scope Management Project
- Project Organizing and Managing the Team – Schedule and Resource Management
- Project Execution and Control
Instructional methods for this course are lecture, discussion, detailed case study workshops, and presentations.
Upon completion of this Project Planning and Control course, each participant will be able to:
- Develop Project and Phase Plans.
- Estimate resources and schedules.
- Effectively negotiate.
- Understand management issues and techniques.
- Apply the concepts of Quality and Six Sigma.
- Implement a Change Management and reporting plan.
- Track and Report the status of the project and deliverables for early problem identification and resolution.
- Identify and Plan to mitigate Project and Product Risk factors.
- Understand and Employ Product Scope and Quality Management.
- Understand the use of project software tools
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to the workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Premier Authorized Training Partner (ATP) and a recipient of the “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality, and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP, and the newly developed CCBA.