Project Leadership Workshop "PM Lite" | PM006
Date: Course schedule to be announced
Course Length: 1 Day (8 hours)
Course Fee: $630 (10% discount for PMI members)
DO YOU REPRESENT AN ORGANIZATION?
CCE offers customized corporate and industry-specific programs.
View our Program and Course Options
Projects carry complex concerns, not always found in traditional management. This one-day module introduces team members to Project Management and its structure. The structured model of Planning, Organizing, Scheduling, Controlling and Managing Change with specific tools and techniques is presented. The overall objectives of this workshop are to inform participants of their roles in projects; and to enable negotiation, communication, and coordination between management, project managers, stakeholders and members of the project team.
Since this program provides an introduction to many of the concepts tools and techniques practiced in TSE001 Project Planning and Control, it carries the nickname “ PM Lite”.
Once completed, participants involved with PMI ® and the Project Management Institute’s ProjectManagement Professional – PMP program, are awarded 8 PDUs or 8 “Contact Hours”.
- Project Management Concepts
- Project Management Model
- Best Practices
- Managing the Pentagon
- Organizing and Scheduling
- Execution, Monitoring and Control
- Change Control (Scope Management)
- Project and Stakeholder Roles and Responsibilities
Upon completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Understand a project’s mission, objectives (SMART) and risks, and begin determining the scope of the work;
- Assemble a work plan; determine the schedule and options;
- Understand the importance of identifying and producing deliverables according to the agreed upon schedule, while still meeting specifications;
- Understand the importance of effective communications (No surprises!);
- Understand each team member’s role in supporting the process and his or her associated responsibilities and stakeholders;
- Deal with project changes;
- Track and be able to report project progress and quality;
- Understand how Microsoft Project can help plan, organize, control, change, monitor and report on projects.
Instructional methods for this full day module are lecture, discussion and multiple exercises . Although Microsoft Project is not taught during this workshop, examples of its effective application and use are discussed and integrated.
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to the workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Premier Authorized Training Partner (ATP) and a recipient of the “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality, and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP, and the newly developed CCBA.