5-Day PMP/CAPM Workout Program
Course Length: 5-days (35 hours)
Course Fee: $1,895 (10% discount for PMI members or early bird registrations)
Date: October 23, 24, 25, 31 & November 1, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Location: SBU Stony Brook
Research & Development Park, 1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook, NY 11794
October 23, 24, 25, 31 & November 1, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Location: SBU Manhattan
535 8th Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10018
ARE YOU A CORPORATION?
CCE offers customized corporate and industry-specific programs.
View our Program and Course Options
It’s time to manage your career as well as you manage your projects.
Many PMI® exam prep courses and workshops do just that: prepare you for the PMI® examination.
But your project management skills—and career—are defined by more than just a test
score achieved through rote memorization.
That’s why, unlike other programs, the 5-Day PMP®/CAPM® Workout Program focuses on helping you master real-world context and concepts. It’s through this teaching method and curriculum that you’ll not only pass your PMI® PMP® or CAPM® certification test, but also become a better project manager overall.
Features of the program include:
- Two convenient locations on Long Island and Manhattan.
- Help with PMI Applications - Participants are also given help setting up post-class Study Groups and completing their PMI Exam Applications.
- Small class size - Due to the volume and complexity of the material covered, as well as the extensive use of case studies and hands-on exercises, class size is kept small. This allows instructors to give each participant individualized instruction and coaching.
- PMBOK included with registration fee - Participants receive all course materials as well as a copy of the PMI’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide, 6th Edition/Agile Practice Guide Bundle.)
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - If you do not pass, we will work with you to develop an appropriate study plan. If you do not pass in three attempts, we will refund the entire course fee.
- Meets Contact Hour Requirement - This Work Boot Camp is approved by PMI to award 35 Contact Hours, which meets the 35-hour requirement for the PMP Exam and exceeds the 23-hour requirement for the CAPM Exam.
What you’ll learn:
- How to be a better project manager
- How to analyze project environments in terms of changing technology and requirements
- How to make the right connections between knowledge areas
- How to apply tools and concepts in new situations
- Test-taking tips, tricks, and strategies
- How to get organized in preparing for the test
- How to approach the application process
- How to PASS THE TEST!
Who Should Attend:
The program is designed for both PMP® and CAPM® candidates, because both PMP® and CAPM® exams are based on the PMBOK® guide. (The PMP® exam includes more advanced situational questions.
Combining both groups offers the following benefits:
- PMP® candidates get the opportunity to share their experience with CAPM® candidates
- CAPM® candidates are exposed to more challenging material
- Team exercises with both groups become mini cross-functional team projects and study groups
About the Development of the Program
The Stony Brook University Center for Corporate Education 5-Day PMP®/CAPM® Workout Program was developed in partnership with Total Systems Education, a PMI® Global Registered Education Provider and awarded the PMI® “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. With a focus on practical, real-world training that delivers a skill set encompassing world-class best practices immediately transferable to your workplace, the Center for Corporate Education and Total Systems have a proven track record training corporations, organizations, and individuals.
Meet the Instructor
Stephen Campitelli | CCE Program Instructor | Project Management
View the video to learn how Stephen approaches teaching students from myriad backgrounds the fundamentals of project management, including developing the communication skills that are required to flourish in a PM career.
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferable to client’s workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. They were named the "PMI “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP and the newly developed CCBA.