PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) Exam Preparation | BA025
Date: Course schedule to be announced
Course Length: 3 Days (24 hours)
Course Fee: $1,560 (10% discount for PMI members)
ARE YOU A CORPORATION?
CCE offers customized corporate and industry-specific programs.
View our Program and Course Options
In today’s fast-paced business environments there is a great need for skilled professionals who can help define and guide organizational change. The Business Analyst responsibilities often span multiple departments, divisions and other diverse corporate/organization boundaries. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Business Analysis is expected to grow by at least 20% over the next few years.
Administered by the Project Management Institute, the PMI-PBA℠ (Professional in Business Analysis) offers Business Analysts a credential that attests to their ability to work effectively with Project Managers and Stakeholders in defining business requirements, managing their piece of the project, delineating project deliverables and achieving strategic organizational objectives. ”Build it right the first time!”
This course prepares participants for the PMI-PBA Certification exam using a two-focus approach – We provide tools and techniques to enhance your real-world knowledge, skills, and performance in business analysis, and we also concentrate on what you need to know and do, in order to pass the exam! This workshop builds upon, and in some very important cases, revisits, principles and tools of business analysis and project management that are offered in our workshops, such as Determining Business Requirements (TSE011), Project Planning and Control (TSE001) and other advanced Business Analysis courses. Prior to attending the workshop, we recommend participants already have the required project experience as outlined in the PMI-PBA SM Handbook. Attendees are awarded 24 PDUs or “Contact hours” which meets the training requirement for the PMI-PBA SM. Our Global PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) code is 1270.
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- Domain 1 - Needs Assessment
- Domain 2 - Business Analysis Planning
- Domain 3 - Requirements Elicitation and Analysis
- Domain 4 - Traceability and Monitoring
- Domain 5 - Solution Evaluation
- Business Analysis Skills and Techniques
- Before the Exam
- Test Taking Tips
Instructional methods for this three day module are lecture, discussion, individual and team exercises, sample test questions, simulations, workshops and references to the PMI ® Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
It is recommended that all course participants read the PMBOK and apply for and receive approval from the PMI to take the PMP certification exam, PRIOR to attending this course. Further, it is strongly recommended that participants plan to sit for the PMP certification exam no more than two months after attending this course.
Upon completion of this module of training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the Business Analysis domains, principles and activities as described in the PMI-PBA℠ Examination Content Outline.
- Apply tools and techniques (such as Pareto Analysis, Cross-Functional Process Mapping, RACI Charting, and SWOT Analysis) to a variety of Business Analysis challenges.
- Anticipate the types of questions that appear on the PMI-PBA℠ exam, and learn how to answer them.
- Measure their ability to successfully complete the exam through sample questions in each domain.
- Employ various test-taking tactics to develop a personal examination preparation strategy.
- Understand the PMI testing process and manage the test taking experience to maximize test scores.
- Confidently sit for the PMI-PBA℠ Exam.
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to the workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Premier Authorized Training Partner (ATP) and a recipient of the “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality, and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP, and the newly developed CCBA.