AGILE Project Management | PM036
Date: August 26-27, 2020 and
September 24-25, 2020
Time: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Course Length: 8 hours
Course Fee: $525.00
This class will be held synchronously online. The required technology is a computer that is running Windows 7 or later, with a webcam and microphone.
ARE YOU A CORPORATION?
CCE offers customized corporate and industry-specific programs.
View our Program and Course Options
Agile projects cope with a business environment filled with constant change through enhanced communication, close collaboration between project stakeholders, iterative development, adaptive planning, and teams that are largely self-organizing. This workshop enables participants to learn and practice Agile project management methods and to adapt them to individual business environments. The best practices for adaptive planning, risk-driven development, communication, and negotiation are covered in great detail. The skills needed to build and foster collaboration and accountability within cross-functional teams are stressed. The course also addresses key factors and potential pitfalls to be considered when planning a transition to Agile.
This program is for anyone involved in Agile projects, whether as Project Manager, Team Leader, Business Analyst, Business Representative, developer or project team member.
Participants involved with PMI ® and the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional, PMP program, are awarded 8 PDUs or “Contact Hours”. PDU’s earned here are also approved by PMI to be used towards the ACP ® , Agile Certified Practitioner, credential. Our PMI Global Registered Education Provider Code is 1270. The workshop also reinforces and complies with the IIBA ® BABOK ®, Business Analysis Body of Knowledge. We are EEP E112.
- Introduction And Course Objectives
- Project Management Concepts
- Agile Projects
- Planning an Agile Project
- Iteration Planning
- Agile Teams
- Managing Agile Teams
- Project Closeout
Upon completion of this workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Apply Agile concepts, including Scrum, in the real-world project environment;
- Understand how PMI concepts apply to Agile projects;
- Decide whether to use Agile, and, formulate strategies for making the transition to Agile;
- Choose the Agile methods appropriate for a particular project and tailor them to suit the needs of the organization and the participants;
- Formulate and communicate a clear project vision;
- Plan entire projects and individual project iterations, including Work Breakdown Structures, timeboxing and other tools for planning project work;
- Communicate and negotiate with management, support groups and other stakeholders to gain agreement on project scope, requirements and resources;
- Choose the right team members and determine team roles and responsibilities;
- Build and facilitate effective cross-functional teams;
- Monitor and Report progress for early problem identification and issue resolution;
- Identify and mitigate Risks;
- Manage scope and requirements and emphasize delivering value to the customer
Instructional methods for this two-day course are lecture, discussion, detailed case study workshops and presentations. Upon request, discussion of the PMBoK ®, BABOK ® and in-house Standards and Policies can be included in the program.
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferable to client’s workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. They were named the 2010 PMI “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP and the newly developed CCBA.