Accent Modification Training
Speaking Clearly for Successful Communication: Pronunciation | MD-037
Date: Course schedule to be announced
Course Length: 1/2 Day (4 hours)
Course Fee: $175.00
ARE YOU A CORPORATION?
CCE offers customized corporate and industry-specific programs.
View our Program and Course Options
About This Workshop:
Do You Follow The Rules? Principles for Precise Pronunciation
Clear communication is essential to relating information accurately and efficiently. Speaking in a manner that is easy to hear and understand reduces errors due to miscommunication.
Speech pronunciation is influenced by phonologic rules. This course will focus on the rules which affect the sound, rhythm and intonation paterns of American English. It is designed to help speakers improve the clarity and accuracy of their speech.
When you improve the clarity of your speech, you will experience improved communication
in the professional setting. You will be asked to repeat less often, and those listening
to you speak will focus on the content of the information you are presenting.
- Develop awareness of sound features
- Learn phonologic rules for pronunciation
- Practice pronunciation differences common to all participants
- Use key pitch and stress patterns in American English
- Role-play professional communication situations
- Identify transfer activities to integrate skills into work and social situations
- Incorporate vocabulary specific to profession
Who Should Attend:
Supervisors, managers, and staff professionals in a variety of fields: Business, Finance, Engineering, Medical, Technology, Human Resources and Customer Service seeking to improve verbal communication skills.