Instructions for Creating a Decision Experiment Lab
Paid Study Pool Account
More detailed instructions are coming soon.
You can register for our paid study pool here: https://cbpe.labs.stonybrook.edu/orsee/public/index.php
If you have trouble signing up for an account, signing into a previously registered account, or signing up for a session, please, check the FAQ section below.
If these steps do not help you, please, contact the Decision Experiment Lab for assistance.
If you are registering for ORSEE for the first time, and have yet to receive an email with a confirmation link, please do the following :
- Wait 15-30 minutes from registering (ORSEE delays outgoing emails), then search your email for "ORSEE." These emails sometimes go to your SPAM box.
- Follow the link to complete your registration process. Your account will remain inactive (meaning, you cannot sign up for studies) until you complete the registration process.
- To complete the registration process, you MUST complete all required profile fields (select the "edit information" option from the main page).
- Add the email address of any ORSEE correspondence you receive, as well as the lab's primary email account ( email@example.com) so that you do not miss future messages or invitations to participate in upcoming studies.
If you are having TROUBLE SIGNING IN with your password, and/or have been LOCKED OUT of your account :
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org and any other ORSEE email address listed in ORSEE correspondence to your address book so that future invitations do not get sent to your spam folder.
- Wait 15 minutes from the last time you attempted to log-in.
- Go to the main ORSEE log-in page (copy and paste):
- Select " Forgot your password?" (below login fields)
- Enter your SBU email address and the displayed captcha and hit submit.
- Wait 15-30 minutes, and then search your SBU email for "ORSEE." (There is a delay
between the time you request a registration link, and the time ORSEE sends one out.
This delay is typically no more than 15 minutes, but depends on the number of outgoing
emails already in the queue.)
- Note: The registration link expires an hour after it is received. If you have missed this window of time, you will have to start back at step 3.
- Follow the registration link to update your password and complete your registration.
- Be sure to update all required profile fields ("edit information" option), as you will not receive invitations to participate, or have access to experiments you are eligible for until those fields are completed.
If you are having TROUBLE REGISTERING for a SESSION:
- If you have updated your profile, ORSEE may have yet to assign you to available studies. (Check back later.)
- The study you are trying to register for may be full.
- You may be ineligible for a current study, usually based on prior participation in a study that is part of the same series of experiments. No worries, there will be future opportunities to participate.